Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

=Armageddon= Faction Battleship (WIP Stream)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by K9K | KaMiKaZuU, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Hi all,
    I started my first megaproject and i invite you to follow the development process!
    Comments and suggestions are welcome!
    English is not my native language but i´ll try my best, so dont be angry with me if its not correct verbalized!
    Enjoy your visit!
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    To the project: =K9K |Armageddon= Super Battleship "Yamato-Shogun Class"
    - I want to build a capital ship over 1000m length
    - Faction (10+) based in use
    - heavily armed
    - well armored
    - full independent from Bases
    - badass looking
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    (click on the pictures to zoom in)

Building the Front:

- I use redblocks for sketch, easy to find and delete them later

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sketch ready, time to give the final form

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

finished

[​IMG]

badass front: CHECK
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Sketch the hull and "wings":
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Visibility in this skybox close to zero so i had to change
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got eye cancer from this ugly skybox so i build one simple lightgrey skybox by my own for sketching
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sketch ready ... all intuitively ... no Blueprints available

next ... bring it into shape!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

end of week 1
    enough of this grey skybox lets bring it back into space

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    end of week 2
    the dark parts are hard to see so i checked out the other boxes again
    [​IMG]
    Fail
    [​IMG]
    Fail again ... back to the roots

11000 Gyros added to turn the parts i build right to the sun the only thing that helps at the moment!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no big results this week because the ribcage parts can only build click by click ... it needs so much time!

size atm:

1350m length
    1200m width
    600m height
    actual weight ~ 1.300.000.000 kg
    end week 3

to be continue ...

2. ElChimpanzee Trainee Engineer

Wow ... that looks pretty awesome :)

Will it be fully layered with heavy Armor ??? Because i think you will get weight-problems if you go on like this^^

Keep it up !

3. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Nice one, that's a pretty ambitious build you have there :D.

What's the FPS like?

4. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

Waiting for finish :p Awesome look

5. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Yes the first layer outside is full Heavy planned and i hope i get no problems with that :D!
    I dont know how to check FPS in this Game can you tell me how it works? The only thing i can say at the moment, it runs without any laggs!
    Edit: I googled a bit and found the answer of my question (Shift+F11) ... The System says 27 to 11 FPS according to current position! But i think it cant be true at 11 FPS are no visible Framelaggs
    Edit 2: I checked it again had Background activity last test what i didnt noticed first, i run now at 30 - 37 FPS!

6. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

WIP Update
    Ripcage-parts ready
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Changed Skybox to Default Keen Skybox dark parts have more visibility now!
    Last update also was very usefull the game is stable in performance but FPS can´t be checked!

7. Disposadwarf Apprentice Engineer

Damn, thats quite an intimidating ship right there.
    keep up the good work

8. Admiral Yuki Apprentice Engineer

If this is just a battleship...

It looks awesome btw, keep up the awesome work.

9. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

I didn´t find a better name to classify this ship, but im open for suggestions! :)

10. Ravric Apprentice Engineer

11. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Thanks for that list Ravric

12. Volthorne Apprentice Engineer

I hate that list. Everyone needs to stop linking to it except for demonstration purposes (ie: "This is what your fleet designation chart *might* look like"). It is basically space-hitler whenever someone brings up class designations of ships. Bottom line is: you call it whatever the f*** you want to and everyone else can deal with it. 10m ton patrol boat? Sure. 1m ton dreadnought? Why not. 100m ton scout ship? I fail to see how that could possibly be a scout, but okay!

On topic: I absolutely love how this is turning out. To save weight I suggest making the ribcage bits hollow (if they aren't already), and using no more than two layers of light armor under the heavy armor outer layer. Most of the hull doesn't even need to be heavy armor, just the parts that are going to take a lot of punishment, such as the prow (in this case the utterly terrifying skull-ram) and the outside (read: the side farthest from the middle of the ship) of the "wings", and those should probably be no less than two layers of heavy armor because they're going to soak a LOT of fire.

13. Willemina Senior Engineer

Spacing the armor can help save on mass while increasing the effectiveness of the defense. It'll cut down on interior space a bit if you haven't planned for it, but the benefits are pretty good.

Very nice job.

14. JWA8402 Trainee Engineer

This is awesome. When you just built the skull I thought of a sci-fi book I read where they built a giant battle station that looked like a spartan soldier's head w/helmet, but then you started expanding it and...This is freakin Skelator's flagship!

15. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Midweek Update news:

After little redesigns new stats achieved:
    Length: 1400m

Width: 1200m

Height: 600m
    Weight (6000 Gyros deleted current position to sun is perfect to build): 1.400.000.000 kg
    Have to redesign the rear side, i dont like the physical appearance, to much like a block!

Rear side old
    [​IMG]

little preview (more details on sunday)

[​IMG]

16. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

I could cry 5 month of work for nothing :bawl: The savegame cant be loaded anymore! Everytime i try: This World is damaged and cant be loaded!

R.I.P Megadestroyer :bawl::bawl::bawl:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  17. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

If anyone have an idea to rescue this world please write me! Thank You!

18. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Oh man, that sucks!

I think SEToolbox has a repair function - no idea what it does but maybe it'll sort you out. You could also try copying the vessel to another world or something via this.

Take it there's been no backups? :( That's why I go for hourly and on to cloud storage!

19. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Thanks for trying to help me!
    I tried to repair the savegamefile, first times SEToolbox crashed multiple times and finaly SEToolbox destroyed the savegamefile!
    Dont worry its not your fault you just tried to help!

I think my =Armageddon= is history and i will never build a Ship in a size of this again to much time and money wasted in this project!

And finaly im pissed off like hell about ... uninstall for an indefinite period

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  20. Sleepyhead Trainee Engineer

Post about it in the bugs forum. Phand, the dev that manages that board, has been taking the save game files from large corrupted worlds like this. He has sent them to some of the programmers and they have found some physics errors that are causing the corruption. They acknowledged that that the error is on their end and are trying to fix it.

This is the thread in question.
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/update-1-056-suspiciously-specific-world-corruption-problem-7172899

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.