Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Auto pilot to block location rather than GPS?

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by woostyboy, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Pharap Apprentice Engineer

I meant stick a light/battery in the middle of the runway/landing pad so you've got access to the orientation of the runway/landing pad without any horrible calculations. (Just make sure they're installed properly).

True, I forgot about the possibility of message sends failing and the fact it provides info about the fail.
    I tend to assume code will work, prove that it can work and then worry about the bits where it breaks later.

If you're going to do that I'd also consider having a programming block as a dedicated message handler and a separate programming block for controlling the ship, then have the two communicate with each other. Kind of like a network card doing message stuff in the firmware and the CPU worrying about the main task. Or arguably having two CPU cores communicating only when necessary.
    This would probably cause more server lag eventually, but it means the message handler can ignore messages not intended for it without disrupting the main 'core', and it simplifies the code because you end up with two 'modules' rather than a single complicated monolith trying to juggle networking details and flight details.

2. cheerkin Trainee Engineer

Now I see, thanks. Yeah, devs wrote about that. Another more simple solution would be just to make a queue/buffer in a wrapper for antenna sender code - if the PB wants to send more that once per tick - hold excess messages for next ticks.

EDIT 2 mins later after reading the rest of the thread: NVM :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. woostyboy Trainee Engineer

Good day to you all

Sadly, this all looks like a foreign language to me!! Would any of you know if this is possible to package into a script and place on the workshop with 'idiot guide' instructions?
    Many thanks,
    Woostyboy

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.