Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Automating Tasks with the Programmable Block

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by MR_Wizard, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MR_Wizard Trainee Engineer

Hello all,

First time poster here!

I have a question about raycasting with the camera block. Is it possible to use raycasting to create a gps marker at an asteroid, and to build on that further, is it then possible to modify the gps marker with a distance? Say alter it by 30m in any direction.

2. Malware Master Engineer

GPS markers are in the astronaut suit. The programmable block is on a construct. Ergo, you can't modify GPS markers because you have no access to the suit. Best you can do is generate GPS coordinates on an LCD screen which an engineer can then open to get markers.

3. MR_Wizard Trainee Engineer

Right, but if you were to write the coordinates to an lcd (center of roid, and contact point on roid) you could then do math to figure out which way to modify the numbers +- to get a point (still on an LCD) that you could then create. Right?

Realistically you don't even need to create the coordinate in your gps tab If you just wanted something to operate with the coordinate, you would just need to send it to whatever block was needing it right?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  4. Malware Master Engineer

Yes, that's correct. You also wouldn't need an LCD at all in that case.

5. MR_Wizard Trainee Engineer

Only problem is I'm a scripting n00b and don't quite know what I am doing (yet), any tips on how to make this work?

6. Malware Master Engineer

7. MR_Wizard Trainee Engineer

Ok, i have been learning some C#, and after several hours of watching tutorials and just practicing what the presenter is doing, i still have no clue how to do anything in space engineers

8. Malware Master Engineer

That's where the other links and information comes into play

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.