Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Azimuth Industries monthly building contest

Discussion in 'General' started by TumbleTV, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

Since I've been streaming Space Engineers for a long time now, I want to start having a monthly contest for my viewers to make the stream experience better for all of us.

How this contest works and how you may enter is listed below.
    Every month the contest will change, I'm starting off with small ships, then the next contest will probably be large ships and so on. It will rotate and different every time.
    The jury members will check all submitted creations and decide the top 5 submissions I will showcase live.

To be able to participate, you will need to be a follower on twitch:

I will change the theme / subject of the challenge every month.

Azimuth Industries is proud to present the monthly Space Engineers Building Competition
    Instructions on how to participate to the competition:

• Build a small ship, large ship or station in Space Engineers. Modded worlds or ships are allowed.
    • Submit as world, not blueprint. Will take a long time to find all mods needed for BP's.
    • Every 2nd Friday of the month the top 5 submissions chosen by the jury of Azimuth Industries will be showcased live on Twitch.
    • The topic of what will be showcased changes every month.
    • Submit your creations to the steam workshop and send me a link on twitch via a message(Not twitch chat).
    • Only one creation per user per month (first submission will be chosen) will be accepted for the competition.
    • After the creations were showcased I will make a straw poll and let my viewers decide who the winner is.

I've been so lucky to get a sponsor for the first round in the contest:
    Tristavian Shipyards Inc can provide the second place prize of:

1. 1st place wins a copy of Medieval Engineers, gifted via Steam. Should the winner already own the game they may choose any other gift-able steam product of equal or lesser value (based on UK region prices in GBP).
    2. 2nd place will be able to join me on making a mod for SE private or live on stream.
    3. 3rd place I will do a ship / station build with private or on stream; your choice.

Jury consists of:
    TumbleTV
    Lullibert
    Vergil

**NOTE! I will not do mod requests, nor will I make something ridiculous like a pink pony etc etc!**

Winners:
    - Syrvster (Small Ship)
    - Ravric (Large Ship)

Next showcase will be friday 10th, July. (ppl have vacation and stuff)

This time it will have a theme. The theme will be industrial station, like a mining facility, repair station or similar.

If you cant be there, don't worry I will send a message to the winner.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

The first time this will be live is Friday April 10th

3. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

Sweet! What are the build parameters/limitations? Any sort of theme?

4. juststephen Trainee Engineer

What about a ship the size of a transporter that can carry troopers into battle, but the crew needs to be save and they need to be able to step savely inside the enemy's ship. Small ship off course. Have a nice day!

5. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

There are no limitations directly.
    But obv if a ship or station is too large to be playable, it wont be any point submitting it because a showcase of a said world would be impossible almost.

When it comes to a theme, I like complicated things personally although that's not really a theme :p

6. Nacon Junior Engineer

*crosses 1:1-scale Death Star off his list* Sigh...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  7. Lullipop Trainee Engineer

How sweet, homie :)

Greetings from Outer Space

Lullipop/Lullibert

8. porter_john Trainee Engineer

Woooo! Let's do it!

9. MoreToClaim Trainee Engineer

Oke. that sounds good :comp:

10. porter_john Trainee Engineer

11. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

12. Cy83r Apprentice Engineer

And now I have a reason to finish the aft 300m of that supercarrier I've been shirking.

13. cyrv Trainee Engineer

nice. as a rather competitive person, I really like these kind of contests.

but are you sure you don't want to specify the challenge or set a theme or something? could be more interesting for the contestants and easier for you to compare the submissions.

Oh, and I guess it isn't allowed to just send in an old, allready built and published ship, right?

14. Skeloton Master Engineer

I might go see if I cant update one of my older ships. Im thinking either the Pangolin, the Leviathan or the Astaroth.

Edit so as it turns out, the Pangolin and Leviathan are simply too much work to update lol. Cant find the newer version of the Astaroth, which is upsetting.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  15. Tristavius Senior Engineer

I believe this is the intended theme for this month?

16. Skeloton Master Engineer

That may or may not have been there when I posted :p

17. Cy83r Apprentice Engineer

18. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

I also said this contest is starting with small ships. as in small block ships. (big small ships are more than welcome to enter)

Hurry up and submit your creation, the showcase will be live the upcoming Friday.

Also, You can submit something old, as long you were the creator of it, this will be checked anyway.

19. Cy83r Apprentice Engineer

Ah, well that's good since I don't have any of my large ships done and I don't think I'll be able to finish any of them in anywhere near four days (maybe not even four months). I do have a small ship though.

20. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Having a few questions, how large is small considered and, is it really necessary to be a follower on twitch? Don't understand why. Also how many ships can I submit?

21. Skeloton Master Engineer

Gotta get more followers somehow :p

And its just one. I'll be missing this one, my small ships suck.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Carrion Senior Engineer

its probably a requirement because he gets a payment based on no of viewers/followers ala utube adverts or i could just be being cynical again

23. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

It can be as big as you want, reason why you have to be a follower on twitch is because this is being showcased live there and I don't want to do giveaways to people not being a follower of mine, no streamers do. You can only submit once pr month, but a ship can be multiple parts. Say a drone connected to it that could be detached and do ore scans or whatever you want it to do. RP purpose will be considered when judging.

24. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

I do not get paid for viewers since I'm not a twitch partner.

25. Lullipop Trainee Engineer

sry, wrong post. this one can be deleted.

26. TidusKlein Apprentice Engineer

An in-game build with you honesty...(not trying to be mean) dosent sound like much of a prize?? In fact I think first place and second place prizes should swap places here, as some thing with monitory value should take preference over something realitivly intangible, yes tumble you may be a great modder/ ship builder...and have tons of respect around the community. And technically I don't think you thought the prizes out well, what if this person has 0 mod experience? Or wants a mod not possible yet in SE, I think this should be just more of a bragging rights competition. I'm shure just having some ones creation judged by you, and recignized is a big enough reward, no hard feelings.

27. Repo Mann Apprentice Engineer

28. Cy83r Apprentice Engineer

Ooh, that is a bit rough, but I agree on the core message. I'm just submitting to compete and get recognition, toss the prizes down the line.

Also, I just realized my username here isn't my gamertag.

29. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

I do agree with you, but this competition is more community orientated and a goal here is also getting great builders together; I'm not saying I'm that good it deserves a 1st place. You got to remember this is also for my viewers on twitch, that asks to build with me and / or is asking me to mod things. If the winner wants a mod which is not possible, we gotta do something else basically. Although, I might change the order of the 1st and 2nd place, 3rd could be a build with me etc.

I appreciate if you guys still send me a private message here, or on twitch with your submission. I have a list that I add them too so no one is forgotten.

30. TumbleTV Trainee Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.