Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Banner Design Contest

Discussion in 'General' started by Drui, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Ok here i come:
    1. Inspired from Maltese cross, but its not the same.
    2. Definitely czech lion.
    3.-5. Mine random creations, until i get cramp in my hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ja231c Trainee Engineer

pattern:
    [​IMG]
    symbol:
    [​IMG]
    combined:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nezortek Trainee Engineer

why to much pheonix, one might think certain thing ???

4. Frostik Apprentice Engineer

5. xphoenixxx Junior Engineer

Ok, here is my banner, sadly i am out of time so I am not happy with final result. Resizing to 512x512 did not scale well.
    Basically it is my forum logo, on a shield, replacing the X with crossed swords. I really struggled with this as paint.net was the only app I had that could work with transparency PNG files the same way as the sample files, and it was rather difficult to figure out. It was based on this http://me.our-game.net/banner/logol.png however, the size and dimensions were too big.

My alternate design was a shield with two crossed swords as background, and the phoenix by itself on the shield, but i've run out of time to complete it. I have another alternate design i did last minute also included down below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe the art team can tweak the shield a bit :/

Alternate one here which ive done using my old paint shop pro software which does transparency a bit differently but should be adaptable to whatever keen uses, since its only 2 colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. Silen Apprentice Engineer

Congratulations to the winners, loved your banners. Furthermore I'd like to express how much I love the devs for being so close to the community. Thank you all. ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Oselotti Junior Engineer

Congratulations! I liked all winners and could use some myself :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Shudrix Trainee Engineer

From all your amazing banners, they choose one of mine ... wow. I thought that my ones will be too simple and too low quality comparing to yours. Anyway thank you guys for your great works.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Santhiago Trainee Engineer

Well, can I at least still use my banners through mods? They are a little bit too detailed but I like them nonetheless and it'd be cool to have them as mods...
    --- Automerge ---
    I really liked those banners and I'd love to have them in a mod!!

10. Frostik Apprentice Engineer

I designed way more symbols and patterns. I will upload them all as a mod.

11. protokore Trainee Engineer

banners winner is basic and awful

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cetric Junior Engineer

I put my hopes into the announcement there will be a detailed description how to mod the in-game banners to users' heart's content once the whole thing is published. I could not understand the 'alphamasking' alchemy, 'pixels either fully black or white' without a step-by-step explanation for Gimp. However, I have great banners on my mind and suppose you will find them later in my worlds.

13. Silen Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure if you followed the contest, but it was already said that banners with more than 3 colors (too much detail so to say) could not be implemented in the game for technical reasons, hence how do you expect banners not to be "basic"? I'd like to add that often simple things are way better than super detailed and complicated ones. Regardless some of the banners represent the game quite nicely (see the catapult one), some others are banners that could be typically medieval, which only does good, and some of them merely look good. Besides, you're the one that said "lys flowers are only for French Houses!", so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  14. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Thank you for congratulations and creative critic ( protokore :(). I agree it was simple banner :tu: I prefer my 1-2 banners more, but think about this... moust of banners didnt leave place on left and right side and when you place symbol on smaller banner 1/3 from sides will get cut off and you can not use it. How will look have bird without wings ?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  15. Santhiago Trainee Engineer

The idea was for the symbols to be resized when applied to the smaller banner. As the symbol is separated into an isolated PNG file, that would be quite easy to do!

16. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

True it can be resized easy. Problem is, when you make from big picture with many details smaller picture, many small details are lost + not all symbols can be resized automaticaly be some program, or you must know ahead how will it change size, or set it before size reduction. Now it request human touch for symbol not get deformed from orginal to much or redraw some parts.

( Its just my personal opinion why some banners with more details was not picked and simple banners was picked + There may be next contest so... now all know what developers like, or you can wait until next week and see how can you submit banners on workshop, lets hope evryone will have his/her epic banner approved and ours 3 banners was first of many :tu: )

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

It may have been wise for them to ask for the image source file and for contestants to leverage vector graphics when designing their flags.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.