Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Battle Barge Class Ship, The Scimitar

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by LostElement, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

I have spent the last 6 hours building this ship, and as I was building two words kept popping to my head. "Battle Barge"

I can't remember all the mods. Though I used a lot. The interior is not 100% done, so there aren't pictures of it. It is survival compatible and has a working oxygen system.

The cockpit has several layers of Heavy Armour, providing heavy protection. The most protected part of the ship is the reactor. It's coated with 2 layers of heavy armour, one layer of Graphene, and One layer of Super Heavy Armour. The reactor room also provides an Emergency command chair, in case the first one is inoperable.

Class: Battle Barge
    Name: The Scimitar

Length: Didn't measure
    Width: Didn't Measure
    Height: Didn't Measure

Weight: 33.68 million Kg

Crew: 80(ish)

Armament: 4x Mk III Battleship Cannons, 20x 230mm Broadside Cannons, 16x 122mm Broadside Cannons, 8x Gatling Guns, 6x Missile Launchers, 2x White Dwarf Energy Cannons, 4x Mk I Battleship Cannons, 2x Large-ship Pikeman AA

Thrusters: 4x Titan Engines, 2x Large Ship Thrusters, 400 Compact Thrusters placed throughout ship, 7x Sages Industrial Thrusters.

Reactors: 4x Azimuth Fusion Reactors, 4x CodeCat Mk II Reactors, 2x Azimuth Small 6 port Reactor
    Gyroscopes: 16x Advanced Gyroscopes

FTL Capable (Roleplay)

Mods Used: List Coming Soon

Workshop: Coming Soon

Interior is a work in progress. Pictures coming soon

This ship does not have a name. I want to give it a name, a glorious one.

Pictures:
    Front View, down the ship.
    [​IMG]
    Across the Bow, a closer look at its armament
    [​IMG]
    Rear Broadside and Battleship Cannons (with thruster spam)
    [​IMG]
    A look at the stern, 4 titan engines and it's still sluggish
    [​IMG]
    And the blindspot was addressed... with two Mk II Battleship cannons and 5x 23mm Cannons.
    [​IMG]

AND NOW... for the interior (Still a WIP(It's dark because there is no lights, and there's no lights because my GPU sucks))
    The airlock, from the outside obviously. A big bulge, but who cares?
    [​IMG]
    I know it's dark, but here's the inside of the airlock
    [​IMG]
    This is where the second broadside cannons are located. This area holds the second half of the ships ammunition.
    [​IMG]
    The crew quarters. This is a military ship, not a luxury liner.
    [​IMG]
    A look at the reactor room. Just a big mess of conveyors. But it provides enough power for 4 titan engines, and 400+ Compact Thrusters.
    [​IMG]
    This is the first broadside room. The forcefields are there for keeping the oxygen in.
    [​IMG]
    The strategy/war room.
    [​IMG]
    Last but not least, the Command Seat.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Very fine work! I approve! And the name definitely fits.

3. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

Thanks! It's still currently a work in Progress, I need to do some minor changes on the exterior, and still need to work out the interior. I also need to decide what colour it should be, and a name.

4. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

Well, you could take the name of the Battle Barge from the game Dawn of War (Warhammer 40k universe): Litany of Fury

5. Neonin Trainee Engineer

Very nice! The only possible problem I can see is there appears to be a bit of a blind spot at the rear of the ship where it might be possible to approach while being out of range/firing angle of any weapons on the ship. Then again the exhaust plume on those Titan engines, as I recall, is almost a weapon in itself! Other than that I like the blocky, utilitarian design which fits a military ship so well.

6. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

I hereby dub this ship the Do Not Engage!

7. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

Huh, I haven't tested this thing in combat, I see the blind spot you're talking about. Maybe I'll strap a Mk II battleship cannon on, along with some AA.

and @WardenWolf, I've thought of using Warhammer ship names for their battlebarges. Like Caeser or Litany of Fury. I've decided not to. My friends would yell at me if I used warhammer names on my ships.

8. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

How do I change the name of the thread? The ship is now named the Scimitar.

9. WardenWolf Junior Engineer

You can't, sadly.

10. Swanicus Apprentice Engineer

Looks kinda cool actually.

Only real input I have is to make the majority of the exterior light armor and reinforce critical areas with heavy.

For example reactor room, CIC/war room, and maybe storage areas can be encased in a box of heavy armor.

That'll keep the weight down while still making it battle ready.

11. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

It was supposed to be heavy. 4 titan engines are enough to push it and it's got enough gyro power to turn at a reasonable pace for its size.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.