Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Best game ever...and why

Discussion in 'General' started by redcobalt60, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. redcobalt60 Trainee Engineer

Ok, so here's why I believe, in my view, that for me Space Engineers is the best game ever. I am a jaded old bastard when it comes to games, it takes a lot to hold my interest, let alone keep it. After jumping on the SE wagon as soon as I found out about the early pre alpha window of sale...I found that title.
    This was referred to as a sort of Lego technic set, and I totally agree. The amazing possibilities that are evident in SE, is amazing. After watching what people have done so far, and the Advanced Building tutorial, I am floored. This game actually makes me grin like a lunatic while I am playing, because there is so much that can be done. The visual style is perfect, especially the texture work...I was blown away the first time I got a good look at the asteroids, and how the light engine/shadows totally make the environment believable. Also the paint detail that updates as you add blocks, along with weathering, is a stroke of genius.
    Being able to build on the fly, have things update in real time, watch the amazing shadows being cast over your engineering projects, is a feat that has made me a Space Engineer for good. Also, the music score, is absolutely perfect. I was very surprised the first time I heard the ambient soundtrack. The music captures the feel of space, and the inherent danger associated with that environment....kudos and an outstanding score!
    I have always been a space junkie, and SE is the title that really captures that environment for me, 100 percent. It is a nice change from being grounded all the time on a surface, to being able to move in 6 degrees thanks to the jet pack.

So, basically, I want to say thank you to everyone at Keen Software....this will always be on my HD, no matter what.
    I eagerly await the future for SE, as it can only get even better.

Thank you!

2. Faeron Trainee Engineer

With JUST multiplayer working, nothing else, this has the potential to be a revolutionary game. With Star Citizen coming out in a year or two and people hyped up for space sims, this game could go very very far if the developement team moves fast on content.

3. Littlepip Trainee Engineer

Space engineers has filled the void between a voxel based space game like starmade and something like star citizen and with survival mode coming out and the way you place and remove blocks it feels more like your building a ship rather than just placing blocks. I can only begin to guess how awesome the multiplayer battles would be even if we didn't have weapons ramming each other to death seems like insane fun

4. tsc0308 Trainee Engineer

In all honesty, I feel the dev teams main focus should be getting multiplayer out there ASAP. The moment people are connected playing your game, hosting their own servers on your game, is the moment you establish a fixed community that will keep coming back.

After that, survival and all the weaponry working? Booyah.

I relish at the chance of terrorising other players with my friends in our massive battlecruiser.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.