Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

BETA

Discussion in 'General' started by Fantixvampire, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Fantixvampire Trainee Engineer

do u have any idea when u think space engineers will be out of beta any time soon like in February or like next year

2. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Space enggys is currently in alpha sir. Normal development cycles are

•Pre-alpha, where they build the engine itshelf, make the game stable enough to add more features.

•Alpha, this phase is where they add new major content that effects how the game as a whole is played, and will only fixs bugs required to stabilize the game, we are in this phase now.

•Beta, all major content has been added, no more major changes will be expected(you wont get new toys every week). This phase is where they try and squash every bug, big and small, and where they try and make the engine itshelf run as efficently as practical. My bet for us to see this would be summer 2015 to 2016, the longer we are in alpha, the more over content we will receive.

•Gold(think thats what its called), games finshed, idealy this is when you ship games to big box stores about 10 years ago, but they tend to ship them about a month early and stomp out the last of the bugs in the delay it takes for them to "lunach" the game at retalers, and fix problems with day one patchs.

Keen software may have different ideas and secedual as too all that, thats mearly the norm of the industry but not a rule. Hope this helps.

3. blizzerd Apprentice Engineer

"gold" status is when you start selling to customers, space engineers has been in gold alpha status for a while now i guess, gold status doesn't really apply as clearly to preorders.

4. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Ah yeah good point. These rules use to be alittle more hardset. Every game now seems to be gold alphas :(

5. Ash87 Senior Engineer

I wouldn't be surprised if we went into beta before too much longer. Not that much stuff left. Summer 2015 is my bet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  6. Saurus Trainee Engineer

"alpha", "beta" and "gold" it's the development status. Things like pre-orders, early access, dlc, etc etc, it's business model.

7. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Using new system for software development where they use colors and Latin(greek?) letters for production cycles.

"Sir, we just entered Omega-Lavander, and the 'f5' warships are approaching our website as we speak!"

8. gadgetkk Trainee Engineer

Now that made me LOL at work... I got strange looks.

I am guessing for Beta in the summer as well. Probably around the same time ME hits early access alpha.

9. Mishka Junior Engineer

It will be become beta when its ready then out of beta when its "done" if ever at all due to the way the game is designed

10. Geneticus Senior Engineer

I'm guessing that we would have been close to Beta until they realized that they could add a lot more features by co-developing ME. In reality ME probably extended the release date, but in a good way.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.