Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Big ship getting strong random gravity forces in empty space.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by wagner, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. wagner Apprentice Engineer

2. Taquar04 Trainee Engineer

Have u a piston or rotor on your craft that fold landinggears in or open a ramp ?
    That causes movement.
    --- Automerge ---
    I have tryed to made a ship based on this ;)

3. mos Apprentice Engineer

Mergeblocks showing yellow light trying to pull towards their counterpart also can cause seemingly random forces. Same for connectors pulling towards each other.
    Anything like that in your base ?

4. wagner Apprentice Engineer

No rotor or pistons, or connectors in this video ship ...
    I got the same problem in another ship as well.

I suspect there is an bug about the gyroscopes, somehow they get glitch sometimes and move the ships in random directions.

Obs: I got this problem in the solar system scenario, not sure if this helps.

5. I23I7 ME Tester

I think your bug is related to jumping with smaller carft attached reported for fixing!

6. wagner Apprentice Engineer

Can be, I am suspecting somehow the gravity drive of my smaller ship attached get turn on somehow and start to push.
    I did notice some blocks get glitch and start to do things even beeing offline, like projectors for exemple.

7. wagner Apprentice Engineer

So, any knews about this issue ? Everytime I dock my ship with gravity drives (even turned off) to any station/ship it just bug it as hell and start flying away in high speed into deep space, just make the use of gravity drives inviable.

8. auge Apprentice Engineer

Well, I got similar but way more extreme forces on my DS as well.
    One pretty spectacular example is this one, where I fly with a small ship from earth to my space station:

On first contact I locked a landing gear to the station, a few seconds later unlocked it again - and in the same moment, the whole ship just got pulled away.
    Instantly crashed through some station blocks, the ship rolled and alligned itself in a specific direction and I was unable to do anything for about 5km. Then it became controllable again and the dampeners stopped the ship.

This happened not only once, but several times in the last 2-3 weeks. Sometimes even on planets.

9. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

When a fix is available it will get pushed into release.

I bumped up the issue thanks!

10. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

This - I’ve been having this exact problem for a couple of weeks. Happened 4 times last night hen I gave up. Once my station starts spinning and moving I have to restart the game to get it to stop. I don’t have any ships with a gravity drive, it’s a station with just one ship docked at a connector. First time it happened last night, I had left my character standing in a hallway while I went to eat dinner. Came back to find my station was spinning wildly, 50 km from where it started. The next three times it happened as I tried moving a ship from dry dock over to the docking area.

11. Thrak Junior Engineer

And I started experiencing this a few days ago, also shelved that world for the time being. It's a big, big ship with lot of mods. Curiously, it seems to happen when blocks I own are damaged or blocks are removed via cleanup. Something to do with block updates in the game. Even when I am in a smaller craft several km away, my main ship goes nuts.

12. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

Yah the first time this ever happened to me, the station that went crazy was 150 km away while I was taking off from a mining base on the moon. I only realized it had happened when the station crashed down to the surface of the earth type world (it had been many km’s outside the gravity well) and sim speed slowed to a crawl.

Interestingly, the station didn’t actually “crash” when it made contact with the ground, it started skittering and jumping around, but none of the blocks took damage. I had to remove it from the world with space master to get the game to start responding properly again.

13. Thrak Junior Engineer

That, I think, is a known issue with large grids that have active connectors or landing gears, or something like that (maybe rotors?) on it. For fun I once crashed a big ship like that... same result.

14. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

So what you’re saying is, I was affected by a bug within a bug? One might even say it was... bug inception?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I23I7 ME Tester

So are you able to still reproduce the issue ?

16. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

Was there a fix pushed? I gave up on that world the last time the station in question went crazy and took the nose off my ship. I can try testing it again tonight if there was a patch in one of the hot fixes.

17. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I would just say.
    -if your ships do have rotors or pistons...engage the safety lock on them if you're intending to move fast and change direction quickly.
    -any connector connected ships should be docked with a landing gear...as with connectors they tend to be magnetized and not really anchored to the ship.
    ...you know..."batten down the hatches" ready the ship for full sail or something.
    fallout 4 uss constitution
    [​IMG]

18. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

I build with neither pistons nor rotors, generally. There were none on this station. And this bug doesn’t always happen around using connectors. I’m pretty sure there has been at least one ship docked to the station every time it’s happened, but never one I’ve been recently piloting, and the timing of this issue is not connected to the action of using the connector. It’s started while my character has been hundreds of km away doing something else, it’s started while my character was chilling out in a station corridor while I was downstairs eating dinner, it’s started while I’ve been moving a ship alongside the station, it’s started while I’ve been approaching a connector on the station.

Basically it seems to start randomly. And the station “knows” it’s happening - all its thrusters fire trying to stop the spin/motion, but the mysterious force acting on it is impervious to anything except quitting the game and restarting it.

19. J.R. Ewing Trainee Engineer

I have this issue too and I can perfectly reproduce it. I have a "mother ship" slowly building on quite fresh new game. No rotors, no pistons, no merge blocks. Two smaller ship (respawn and new mining vesel) attached thru a connectors.

Whan I start the ship to move (Iam flying 1300km towards the planet) at any speed (intertial dumpeners off). Sooner or later (after few km or some 10s of km) traveled, ship start to be uncontrolable and move at max speed at random direction shaking. After save and load, intertial dumpeners stop the ship and I can continue to move forward.

One time it happen even if the ship was stationary, but during move, issue happens everytime.

20. Thrak Junior Engineer

It has to do with block updates anywhere in the world while a connector is in use, it appears.
    It happened to me last night in a newer game while connecting two large-grid ships. No pistons, rotors, or gravity drives involved. It seemed to happen once NPC ships spawned in, and it would happen repeatedly when I connected the two ships until I either ran the clean-up in space master or reloaded the game.

Like I said, I did the crash thing once for fun. Haven't done it again and don't intend to, sorry. I would much rather see a solution to the wild ship movement problem, anyway.
    --- Automerge ---
    Here's a video of the "incident" I describe, above. Sorry for the delay-- took a while to upload. These ships had been connected for a moment, and I was transferring cargo when both took off. The recording starts immediately thereafter. I presume Spacemaster did not work, as I was in a cockpit and ostensibly controlling all the attached grids. There was floating debris far off, and I suspect it happened when NPC ships jumped in. Turning off the grav gen on the main ship (the green one) had no effect. Both ships regained control and their respective dampeners took charge once the large grids were disconnected. Note the Shift+F1 menu reported a "physics" issue-- "too many blocks interacting" or something like that.

After this video, I attempted to reconnect. As soon as I locked the connector - boom, it happened again. Running cleanup allowed for a third attempt without incident. In my experience, reloading the world also allows the ships to regain control, even if still connected.

No rotors or pistons, but lots of mods, including the shield mod, just FYI. Also, possibly of note, I was about four hours into this gaming session at this point.

21. J.R. Ewing Trainee Engineer

In last major upgrade it seems the problem is gone. I have flied some hundred kilometers without issue. Multiple enemy ships passed by.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Thrak Junior Engineer

I won't have a chance to test things until this weekend, but that's promising. I was hoping it might be the case, having read some of the devs' posts this morning about this major update.

23. J.R. Ewing Trainee Engineer

Now Iam 500 more kilometers closer to the planet. Continous flying without any issue.

Bug not appearing, probably solved.

24. RedK Trainee Engineer

Just got this bug. A first for me. 1.185.014
    Dedicated Server, was building a ship form the projection, as a part of asteroid based station.
    When finished, grinded block connecting them, woosh goes my ship!

Ship is simple, nothing fancy, no rotors, legs, pistons, or such, two modded blocks on it, shields and airlock, both used in similar ships before, no such problems.
    Managed to catch it in a few minutes. Activated engines, gyros, dampeners and it... stopped. Jumped back to base. It behaved well. Then, in a minute or two after I left it alone, WOOSH! he goes again, spinning, accelerating in random directions collided with asteroid couple of times (bless the shields) and off it goes into deep space. This time, when i catched it. it did not stopped at first, though dampeners was trying hard to do so. Then...
    (tldr: couple of minutes later those random forces was just gone by themselves)
    Inhale. Blood was still loudly pumping in my ears, no doubt the result of adrenaline rush during this wild chase after this escaped infernal contraption. Exhale. I looked in the window, carousel of the universe was still at it's prime. It was so fast, so random, I felt like my thoughts could never catch up to it. I closed my eyes and opened helmet. The steady humming and clicking of the medical bay right behind gave me a sense of calm, safety, direction. It was like the sound my favourite fireplace back at home. For a moment there I felt like my hands was sinking into the soft armrests of my father's leather chair. Sudden change in speed and direction pushed me hard back in plastic control station chair, shuttering the cosy illusion in to a million tiny pieces, which was deleted that instance by ever vigilant trash collector as a unpowered grids they were. Slowly i opened my eyes, I was still inside the cockpit with lots of peace, internal lights and oxygen at level High, only kaleidoscope of stars behind the window reminded me of the grave predicament I was currently in. A slow, cold wave, engulfed me. Despair. What if this is it? What if Clang ... won? I dare did all that may become a user. Who dares do more is dev. I shook my head dispersing the unruly thoughts. Then suddenly my gaze fell down... why not? I thought and pressed the 'y' button. Darkness engulfed the cockpit, the humm subdued, only silence now. And the bloody kaleidoscope of stars behind the window. And so I sat there in control chair, quietly staring in the window, trying not to puke in my Veteran helmet, when suddenly! A MIRACLE Well, at first it was a feeling, a tingling sensation, I squint my eyes, oh yes! the stars behind the window, the movement pattern, it's... linear! not that chaotic dance it was before! I press the button 'y' with so much hope it probably powered up a few nearby grids on server! The spin subdued, the speed was steadily climbing down. Will to live was slowly returning to this body. Will to build! To engineer!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.