Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

big ship welder doesn´t weld within the whole 1x1(x1) grid!!?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TheFingercolt, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TheFingercolt Trainee Engineer

the big welder has flattened corners and if you stack some of them e.g. 2x2, there is a "hole/gap" (surrounded by for of the flattened corners) in the middle of all 4.
    When I now try to weld a small ship armor cube or surface, which is positioned in front of the "hole" in any way, this part won´t be weld.

I hope someone understands what I mean :)

Is this on purpose? I´d love a tweak here...

2. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

It was actually on purpose as this was listed in the change notes.

On an annoying note, that means PMW (Player-Made Weapons) loading mechanisms either no longer work or have to be rejigged (more welders) to make them work.

Is there a way to mod welder radii? I couldn't find anything about them in the CubeBlocks.sbc file.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TheFingercolt Trainee Engineer

mmh...thanks for your answer! :)

i think I have to use small welders then (always these advanced rotors to convert feom big to small grid :()
    --- Automerge ---
    do you know what the reason for the change is?

4. MadMax Trainee Engineer

The devs felt like the radius was far too large. I can see their reasoning, to a point. I think more gradual decrements to that radius should have been adopted rather than a wholesale "nuke," but I don't get to make those decisions =)

5. Vorg Trainee Engineer

Only problem I had with ship welders before was they needed to move the weld zone forward so the welder is not IN the weld zone making parts appear and blow up the welder and everything around.

6. MadMax Trainee Engineer

They simply felt like the radius being set to what it was effectively a game exploit. I don't think that they were trying to address any problems with general functionality.

With that being said; why this was even looked into whenever we still have issues with mechanical parts randomly exploding with enough force to throw blocks into orbit from the surface of the planet when the only thing that happened was a rotor spun a prong of blocks into a building a 0.1 mps - is beyond me...

7. TheFingercolt Trainee Engineer

but making the corners a "weld zone" aswell would not affect surrounding blocks would it?

I switched to small welders now...less stability, but more space and it works quite well.

Thanks for your answers! ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  8. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.