Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Block auto rotate is frustrating

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Thales M., Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Every time i have to rotate the block to place it correctly. These are:

- Timbers and plank
    - Stairs
    - Sloped railing
    - and many small bloks

I'll update the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nibs_1983 Trainee Engineer

So what are you suggesting?

How I would like Keen to address this situation would be for ME to either remember the last orientation or have a check box in the settings to disable the auto-rotate function.

3. Thales M. Senior Engineer

It should remember the last orientation.

4. Randox Trainee Engineer

I expect what is happening is that rotation is remembered relative to another surface rather than the player. I'd certainly be in favor of at least having an option to remember orientation relative the player (or absolute space) instead (where it will pick the relative position to the block your attaching too that best matches). Sometimes I like the way orientation is remembered, sometimes it drives me bonkers.

I wouldn't say no to being able to hot key say, 3 absolute orientations, mostly for building things out of timber. Sometimes I have to keep changing rotation on every placement and being able to set and hotkey specific orientations would be a real time saver (though as I say that, it's a time saver because I can map those keys to my mouse...which can already map the rotation keys, so I should probably start with that).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.