Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Blueprint ships not functioning correctly (Multi-version issue)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by trav0370, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. trav0370 Trainee Engineer

I have been able to repeat this issue several times. All attempted times were in Dedicated servers, and over the course of at least the last 4 weeks of updates, I'm unsure how far back it goes.

I take any blueprint of any ship, my own or from workshop, and use a 3D printer to "print" the ship from a blueprint, and the initial BP is started using blocks fastened to a station grid. I cut the new printed ship clear of the station.

At this point 75% of the time the ship will act rather unusual. The ship behaves like most of the blocks cannot be interacted with, as if they were not owned by me, but they are. EG. I can open the inventory of cargo blocks, but cannot place or remote items from it. Or I can have a timer block but it cannot interact with any of the blocks it is supposed to, including itself - It wont "start" a loop until it is chopped up and rebuilt as a new block.

I have narrowed this down to being a projector problem. If I take any of the "broken" blocks, grind them away completely, and replace them, they will work again. So, the temporary work around is to print a ship, and then grind and rebuild any of the blocks that do anything involving interaction with player or with timers.

Thank you.

2. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

I have had this issue, can not put items in any of the inventories or get in the cockpits.
    --- Automerge ---
    A relog fixes it.

3. trav0370 Trainee Engineer

Doesnt fix it for me. the ship is broken, period. until its copy/pasted .

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.