Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Bought the game 3 times and can't give the keys to my friends?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Deadlyapples, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Deadlyapples Trainee Engineer

As the title says. Bought the game 3 times and can't give the keys to my friends?

I try clicking activate on steam but of course I already own it on steam? How do I gift these to my mates?

2. waterlimon Senior Engineer

Log into your friends steam account instead of yours I guess, not sure how youd do that.

3. maggefus Trainee Engineer

So you bought the game 3 times, activated one on your own account, did you get the other two as gifts in steam or as keys?. If they are bought as gifts you will be able to find them in your steam inventory, once selected there will be an option to give them to your friends

Hope it helps

4. maggefus Trainee Engineer

Oh and another option, if you received the steam-activation-link via email, you should be able to send the link to them

5. maggefus Trainee Engineer

Still waiting for my posts to get reviewed... and they were all irrelevant.
    Because I have bought the game, to see what you went through.

Looks like there aren't any gift options on the Keen Software House site, so your friends would probably have to either sign into your KSH account and and claim the game, or have you sign them in there using their steam pass and account.

Probably best to do in person if possible, then you can sign into KSH, and they their steam account... without exchanging passwords

Its meeting up in person is not possible, then I would probably choose lending your KSH account to them, and then change the password afterwards, just in case :)

Trickey, but probably worth it

6. Deadlyapples Trainee Engineer

So what I had to do was get my friends on their computers to log into my KSH account and do it that way easy peasy. Ish :woot:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.