Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Breaking up and rejoining static grid causes big colored cube to appear around you.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stroomschok, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Stroomschok Trainee Engineer

If I create a static grid by putting 3 big armor blocks in the floor (of say a frozen lake), then grind out the middle one, and then replace it again, a big (like a kilometer-size big) colored cube (color can be yellow, teal or pink) then will surround you whenever you try to create a new static grid by placing a block in the floor.

If the game is saved and then reloaded, this bug will not go away. Only reloading an older save will remove it.

Picture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=837332074

2. chrisw24 Trainee Engineer

Off topic here, but how did you get your interface to look like that? The transparency and block information? I will have to check the settings in detail unless this is a mod.

Thanks
    Chris

3. Stroomschok Trainee Engineer

Oh, the interface is a mod. Makes everything better looking and more playable (like seeing the rotors you're movint while in the control menu). But the bug with the block appears even if I shut all mods off (tested it) The block information is mod as well.

4. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

This isn't actually a bug, it's a feature.

By default when that is enabled it basically shows you a range from which you can add a new block that will be "aligned" with another station. It makes building large structures on a planet a little less painless.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stroomschok Trainee Engineer

Ok, so how do I turn it off then?

6. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Press "B" This toggles the align to gravity and also toggles the align to nearest station

7. Stroomschok Trainee Engineer

I see now what this is supposed to do. However, there is no way to turn off this overlay, 'b' doesn't do it. No hotkey, no option in any menu. And the only way to 'activate it' afaik is by rejoining a broken up grid. So I'd say it's still a bug or a half-implemented feature at best.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.