Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Building a Gundam

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by KrebsCOHO, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KrebsCOHO Trainee Engineer

The building of a Gundam - it's going to be a long journey so until it's done there's a number of things we're going to have to consider like having fully functional arms :p

Any suggestions how to make the arms more life like?

2. Zemaus Apprentice Engineer

I have no idea :eek:ops: You already mastered the arm joints and im sure you will do well with the armor by the way the body looks. Keep up the nice freaking work krebsy o7

3. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

4. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

It is completely possible to animate/control one of these from one cockpit, but you have to be creative.

5. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

Oh mah GAWD those hips are awesome.
    Edit: fantastic work OP! keep us posted!

6. Volthorne Apprentice Engineer

I don't see how. Anything past one rotor doesn't count as part of the same ship, so if you use a rotor assembly for the shoulder, you won't be able to control the upper and lower arms and hands - unless the arm is just one solid piece. This is not a question of "being creative", it simply can't be done with the current game mechanics.

Unless, of course, you're using a mod, but that's cheating.:nono:

7. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

Nop, no mod.

Think more along the lines of a marionette, but the trick is to make it work when the stick and strings are inside the puppet.

8. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

Do it power rangers style ;-)
    One engineer (and thus, one cockpit) per arm and leg.

9. Vermillion Senior Engineer

I tried to make a gundam back when SE was first released. Before symmetry or magnetic landing gears. Gave up before I finished the head.
    [​IMG]

10. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

Even then it should be controlled from the chest area. :D

11. Volthorne Apprentice Engineer

If you're doing how I think you are (following that explanation) then you at best only have forwards/backwards motion in the arms and legs.... and they'd still have to be solid pieces otherwise your "strings" would get destroyed.

12. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

Now you've done it. Now I have to build one after I finish my titian base elevator......

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.