Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Building blocks and voxel placement on Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Legas, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Legas Trainee Engineer

Mining on planets mean you'll be getting alot of stone, currently stone is mostly useless.
    Meanwhile we're forced to build structures and bases out of steel on planets, which makes little sense when we have access to so much stone.

What we need is a new set of structural blocks which are made (mainly) from stone/gravel. It could be concrete, bricks, whatever, it simply must be made using the stone. These blocks could be made useless on space somehow, working only on planets...

Another suggestion is a terraforming block, i.e. a block akin to welder, but it places voxels gradually, so we can level terrain, pave roads, etc...

If both of these features get added I would suggest separating stone from soil. So soil can be placed with terraforming block and stone would be used for concrete or whatever building block.

I suppose Keen should have plans for the usage of planet voxels, but I hope it's something along these lines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Leif_The_Head Apprentice Engineer

There is "organic" material in the game, but however soil also drops as stone.

+1 for concrete buildings

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.