Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Can We have a prediction?

Discussion in 'General' started by altamiro, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. altamiro Trainee Engineer

Just wondering if we could have a prediction, can be very long one to not rush anything, just someone getting here and saying.... 6 months, or 3 months, You know, just to calm down the feelings and know how long we have to save money ;D

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Martinineter Senior Engineer

30th of February as stated by a moderator

3. Thederper121 Trainee Engineer

That joke is getting a bit old, isn't it?

4. jokernthief Trainee Engineer

Don't you think adding the "Bug Reports" sub forum would be bit early then?

5. Steelpanther Apprentice Engineer

What is even more old is there are quite a few that don't seem to have a clue that it is a joke.

6. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Do what I did, Get off the hype train and just wait till its released then get back on.

7. jokernthief Trainee Engineer

8. Giulianosse Trainee Engineer

One does not simply get off the hype train

9. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Iv'e always pictured it as this-

The unreleased game is the train.

when they announce that the game will be released soon, people get on the train. when the game is released the train departs from the station.

If they take to long then people start to get off the train, to go do something else. when the train is departing they get back on.

I got off the train like 2 days ago, i'm still excited for the ride but i'm now doing something else until.

Same with dying light. I was excited for a few days, now I don't even care about it. If they do a steam sale I might buy it.

Does this make sense it did to me.

10. Thederper121 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  11. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

+10 points to Bob Kerman for the meme.

12. Mishka Junior Engineer

I am hoping 2-3 months ie once most bugs are gone and its to a good playable state (ie MP working so i can smash the hell out of castles)

13. Thederper121 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Let the meme flow through you.

14. altamiro Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much for your answer Mishka. +10 :)

15. TodesRitter Moderator

wow i laughed hard at this memes :D

16. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

As a Note: Back in summer 2009 when Minecraft's Alpha release was out, the very first thing I did was build a massive Castle
    That Announcement Vid was like Crack! I'm completely Addicted already and I've only seen the 3-4 Dev vids and the Announcement Vid.

I don't mind missing Features or world items (water and such) I started playing SE with maybe only a dozen blocks and had a grand old time with it...
    Then came back to it a couple months later and was Pleasantly surprised with new features and blocks!

The sooner this comes to Steam the Sooner I can become hopelessly addicted to it :D
    (I've already told my family and Friends that I'll be disappearing for a bit this spring ;) )

17. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

I wanted it to be released before I go back to school so I have bunch of time to play. But it seems that dream won't come to fruition.

18. Steelpanther Apprentice Engineer

I predict most of us will go to sleep sometime today.

19. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

Relative to who's timezone?

20. DustDevil Trainee Engineer

Will it be released on a Thursday ?

21. LcsFletcher Trainee Engineer

[FONT= &#39]NOPE[/FONT]

22. Giulianosse Trainee Engineer

[FONT= &#39]We don't know!
    [/FONT]

23. jokernthief Trainee Engineer

I feel today is a very good day for an awesome little news. :3

24. Grendel Apprentice Engineer

I'd love for it to come out next week, just in time for the 4 day Weekend I have over my Birthday!
    Realistically I figure no sooner than Mid-End February
    (Please Prove me wrong and release it End of Jan! :D )

25. Skywalker68 Trainee Engineer

I am having quite a hard time understanding the strategy of Keen for ME.
    Releasing an annoucement trailer , saying the early access would be here soon and then no single precision nor tuesday news update .
    They created an interesting buzz but didn't capitalize ...
    Not mentionning the mixed signals they give ( marek's tweet; bug thread )

26. Chrono13 Apprentice Engineer

I Think...

We're going to wait for as long as it takes the game to get through Steam's approval process and to get posted onto the Steam Server/set up a store page.

27. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

Unless they gave a release date around the end of Jan and some video content the hype would die down a lot before then.

28. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

I predict that If its not released This Tuesday (1-27-15) or the following Thursday (1-29-15), People will stop caring (like I have).

I'm not saying that they (myself included) wont buy it as soon as its released, just that They will no longer care as much as we all do now.

Now you might be saying "THIS TUESDAY!!! YOU MUST BE INSANE!!! THAT'S WAY TO EARLY"

When really its never to early to release an early access game, that's the whole point behind early access.

Yeah there will be bugs, 85% of the main content missing but that's how it works.

If you expect early access to be 90% bug free or even 100% playable, you are mistaken.

(Not giving any names) Some one said they hope it will be release 2-3 months once most bugs are gone and its in a good playable state. (Ie. MP working)

While its fine to have your own opinion on when its released, Keen specifically states "Multi-player Will be added later"
    • Multi-player – will be added later
    Which means after they release it in early access and flatten out some of the bugs, then MP will be released (which will add more bugs).

Now I do realize that it takes a good amount and I can't find any info on it, but it takes time to get through Steam's approval process and to get posted onto the Steam Server/set up a store page. and I can't find any info on it
    So because of the time it takes to Get it in steam I understand it may be 1-2 more weeks, hopefully that is as long as it takes.

If they wait too long such as mid-February or longer, its just going to hurt themselves. and that makes me sad :(

I hope i'm not stepping on anyone's toes, or insulting them. If I did I am sorry.
    and if anyone believes that this individual post should be deleted, i will delete it.

29. elusivejoo Trainee Engineer

x_infinity_x hit the nail on the head. 1)They said they would like to do patches on Tuesdays, 2) they wouldn't have released the teaser for the game if they didn't plan of getting it out there soon while the hype is still going. Waiting for people to purchase one of the other 5-10 good looking games coming out here in the next 2 months would be kinda dumb on their part IMO.

30. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.