Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Cant load game, Cant play at all.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sisyphus, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sisyphus Trainee Engineer

I recently bought the game, as the new planets update really intrigued me. I installed it, booted up the game, and much to my irritation, I cant even start a world. At all. After much debugging, I'm just very frustrated and no closer to a solution. It just freezes on loading easy start earth and never, ever loads. I've given it hours of time, but that doesnt seem to help at all. What else can I try? Should I just refund the game, and it wont work on my PC for some reason?

Thanks!

Just the Important Info:

Problem:

• Game Never, Ever loads on Easy Start Earth. Loads fine on Empty World. When trying to start an easy start earth world, the loading icon spins for about 4 minutes, then just stops spinning and the program either hangs or crashes. Sits at about 75% ram and 45% CPU usage for first for minutes, then keeps Ram but CPU usage drops to ~2%. Does produce a file to "Load", but runs into exact same issue when clicking continue. I suspect its some sort of DirectX issue?
    System Specs:

• Windows 10 (x64), GTX 970, 8gb ram.
    Things I've already Tried:

• Switching to DX9 and back to DX11
    • Deleting SpaceEngineers.cfg
    • Running in Windows 7 Compatibility Settings
    • Reinstalling Graphics Drivers
    • Lowering settings
    • Waiting 1hr (!) to let it load
    • Verifying install integrity
    • Restarting PC (Of Course)
    • Running in offline mode
    • Checking D:woot:iag to make sure DirectX is fine (it is)
    • Reinstalling Game
    • Running in Widowed Mode
    Log File:

2. sankti Trainee Engineer

I think 8 gb of Ram is just not enough for this version today, And I have tried same things like you !! Only upgrading my ram to 16gb solved problem, and world ate at start 10gb of ram! It's just survival on alien planet FFS

#bigsteve
    are you enjoying Out of Memory error ?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. Sisyphus Trainee Engineer

Odd. I'd think "16 gb of ram required" would be something- mentioned somewhere on the page. Ouch. That- ups the price of play by a bit.

4. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

I play with 8GB of RAM so its not that.
    You are using Graphics Drivers from 2016-10-07 DriverVersion = 10.18.13.6881
    I am using DriverVersion = 21.21.13.7633 Date 2016-12-11
    Update them from Nvidia's Website.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.