Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Can't look around

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Riddell, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Riddell Trainee Engineer

When sitting in any seat, in first person view, you can only look up and down. In third person view, the view is locked directly behind the player character.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. CowCompressor Trainee Engineer

Yup, me too. I was hoping the 'stable' branch would not get this kind of stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

Can confirm. Looking around is broken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Takeshi Apprentice Engineer

for me the problem ocurs only in singleplayer, on a DS it was working fine.
    "In cockpit" view is only movable from top to down, "outside" view is not movable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Mechanic Trainee Engineer

I can also confirm this bug on Stable branch single player.

• Like Like x 1
  6. theCalcaholic Trainee Engineer

+1 (vanilla, SP)

7. Sarekh Senior Engineer

confirmed - enabling space master and pressing F6 for "returning" to ego perspective fixed problem for me, however.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Confirming.... singleplayer "stable" branch..

I haven't played SE for a while so I was kind of excited to try it out today after stable finally got an update and then found a handful of new bugs in about 10 minutes then gave up.

sigh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. theCalcaholic Trainee Engineer

On another notice: If I'm controlling a ship via the remote control block, suddenly third person works as usually.

Also I can confirm the F8 -> F6 workaround.

EDIT: Okay, it's a bit more complex:
    - If I just enter a cockpit (or a passenger seat), I can only look up and down in 1st person and not look around at all in 3rd person
    - If I change to spectator (F8) and back to the character (F6) again, everything works fine
    - I I now take control of a remote control block on the grid, I can look around freely in 3rd person while 1st person is still broken. If however, I did fix the movement beforehand by changing in spectator and back again into character view looking will now be broken in 3rd person but work in 1st person. Same applies if I do it in reverse order.

Hope that helps anyone.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. [PSI] BC Trainee Engineer

I can also confirm that look-around is broken as described. This is in version 01_172_01, in the so-called "stable" branch.
    Keen devs, could you please, please, PLEASE stop pushing new, untested code to the stable branch? Either that, or just dump the stable/dev thing entirely so we can stop hoping our game might be playable from one day to the next.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Lander1 Trainee Engineer

Bug Confirmed. We really need a HOT FIX for this ASAP! The UESC Comp is about to be judged, and my entry depends on being able to look around with the ALT key.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. HeikoH1255 Trainee Engineer

Same Problem here since i downloadet.. And The Audio sounds really broken when you start up ships or cars. Pls Fix Unplayibel right now....

13. Tyross Trainee Engineer

Same problems here, described work around does not work. Neither does resetting keys, setting default etc.
    Most frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Elesium Trainee Engineer

Same issue, I can also add that going into 3rd person view, exiting to the menu and reloading the game fixes the problem temporarily.

15. HeikoH1255 Trainee Engineer

Found a way to fix the camera issue. Open /Alt+F10 Menu/ Enable Space Master/ Press F8/ Press F6/ Try to look around. Works only(Permanently). Hotfix Need!!!!!! :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. Onslaught_2000 Trainee Engineer

Ahhh so i am not the only person having issues with this bug since the last update of stable branch. I need to try that workaround.

17. Ruus Botan Trainee Engineer

Same observation here. Reloading lets me get panning back in third person view of ship, but it never works once I'm in a control seat or a cockpit. It also seems to break when I enter a control seat/cockpit. Once in those two seats I'm restricted to up down. Real bummer too because I like to sit in a control seat in my base and use the panning in third or first person to let me view the pistons I'm controlling from it.

18. Silentfighter89 Trainee Engineer

Can confirm, same problem on my side. In Cockpit in first person only up and down possible in 3rd person full lock.:(

19. hlws Tester Staff

Hi,
    We are aware of this issue and the hotfix should be out within a day. Thank you very much for your feedback, it is important for making the game better.
    Have a nice day :)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.