Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

can't place seeder where I want

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Revellus, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Revellus Trainee Engineer

I built a rolling farm machine and I'm so close to making it work very well. I made it high up so that it wouldn't bounce on the ground so badly that it would inevitably go off the rails and explode. But, the seeders were just one timber unit too high to drop seed. So, I moved the first seeder down. No problem. It works perfectly. The next seeder will not place. I kept building more and more of a frame around exactly where I want it to go. But, though it snaps into place, it remains red and won't place. I'm completely stumped as to why it won't go there. Any suggestions?
    I shared my world on the Steam workshop as "Octoberfest farmer v.4 mark2" if someone wants to take a look.
    --- Automerge ---
    Ok, you know what. Now, even though the seeder won't go down, now it is successfully seeding. Yeah, this world is quirky and imprecise. It would be interesting to know how that is, I think.

2. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

This is caused by an annoying mismatch between where you aim when placing the seeder (the center) and where the seeder's mount points are (the top). The game checks to see if the place where you are aiming to place the block also matches a mount point. So if you are placing it on a vertical timber, for example, then your aim and the mount point both touch the block and it will work. If you are aiming at a horizontal timber and the mount point touches a different block, another timber for example, it won't work.

Works
    | | <- mount point
    | | <- aim

Doesn't work
    ____
    ____ <- mount point
    ____
    ____ <- aim

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.