Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Change code in Sandbox.Game.dll

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by profesmorales, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. profesmorales Trainee Engineer

How I can edit code in Sandbox.Game.dll or another .dll without compile game from source code?
    I know about .NET Reflector and JetBrains, I see code in .dll, but can't change in VS 2013.
    Any tutors? Or only compiling?

2. Malware Master Engineer

The code in the DLL is CIL, not C#. What you see in reflectors is reconstructed code, not what is actually in the DLL. To edit the code in DLLs directly you have to change this IL. This is not an easy concept, and is very error prone - and as long as the source code is available it's just not worth it.

3. Gakhon Trainee Engineer

Not sure if it helps in your case, but you can always use DLL injection (and see here too) or DLL proxying.

Edit: but yeah, bottom line is that it doesn't worth it. Most likely anything you try would take longer than to download Visual Studio, download the source, solve the dependency issues, and run the code. You can do it in an hour.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.