Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Change Large Ship Turrets' model!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by KG_Jedi, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KG_Jedi Trainee Engineer

In latest update you guys added amazing small ship turrets, they take 3x3x3 space, and can be fitted on ship, so their "base" is in one line with hull. But large ship turrets are not really comfortable to use on ships, since they just stick like a giant tower, and if you decide to get it's base in one line with hull, there is empty space around it's base.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sentinel-Ghost Apprentice Engineer

3. EternityTide Senior Engineer

I would simply ask for the ability to reduce the placement area to allow the turret to be sunk into the hull.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheFlawlessGem Apprentice Engineer

I totally agree with changing the large ship model to be more in line with the small ship model/size, but keep in mind that this game is all about creating your own weapons, not just placing pre-made ones in.
    However, that's pretty impossible with rotors and pistons so buggy. But since landing gears are fixed, maybe we'll see rotors and pistons fixed soon!

5. tharkus Junior Engineer

I guess the devs are going to make better turret models and more easy to place in our ships when they remake them for DX11.

6. Galaxian Apprentice Engineer

This is one of the major reasons I use turret mods, I can't really stand how the current turrets in vanilla stick out on a block high pedestal. It doesn't look good on any of the ships I've designed to date, it probably would've been better if they kept the flat panel they used to have,

• Like Like x 1
  7. nirruden Trainee Engineer

Being able to mix the existing and new ones might not be bad. That would give you flat turrets and also the towers that can shoot around them, when placed inline. Would generally agree that the new small ship models are superior.

8. Captain Broadstairs Apprentice Engineer

I hope they will do a remodel and edit the placement in future, in the mean time you can try this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300508236&searchtext=turret

it adds turrets without the giant placement box letting you build around the base of the turret and sink it into the hull so it sits flush, and its not OP compared to stock weapons or visually different since the damage and model is the same.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  9. Legas Trainee Engineer

Agreed. Large ship turrets are overly ugly and occupy 2x3x3 block volume unnecessarily.

Make them 1x3x3, remove the "tower", and place a flat panel instead akin to small ship turrets.
    It makes no design sense to stick a huge 2.5m tower out of the ship hull only to mount a turret on top of it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

+1 remove the ammo container beneath the turret. If someone wants to add ammo space there, they could simply do it with a small container.

11. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

Honestly?

They ought to just make turrets have the same profile as laser antennae. 1x1x2.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Spanners Trainee Engineer

+1 for this. The current Large ship turret is nasty and tend to wreak havoc with ship profiles. Building an assembly to hide them ends up with bloody great channels in the ship where someone can just use to get in.

The ammo container removal is a nice idea, it would explain a lower profile...

I'd actually kind of like a "pop-up" version of the turrets (when not in use they can be sheltered from damage) - as I'm fairly sure no-one would leave a turret out all the time exposed to the elements.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PilotMax Apprentice Engineer

I agree to have 3x3x2 turret that LOOKS like that.

14. Captain Broadstairs Apprentice Engineer

I like that idea, for balance it could even be a taller block than the existing turret ( since the mechanism is below for raising lowering plus stowage ) just so long as it will sit flush with a flat surface OR have a 1X1x3 bounding box so we can build around it

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.