Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Changing Astronauts Color

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ataxdude, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ataxdude Trainee Engineer

Hai all. I just got Space Engineers two days ago. And i didnt like my Black Character (no im not being rasist :p  ) but any way. i figured out how to edit your astronauts color open up your save file and open in notepad++ the SANDBOX_0_0_0_ file. than search for astro and when it comes up change the Astronaut_"color" to black white green blue or red. Spell it with a capital letter. save it an open your world in space engineers and you have a Different colored character. HUZZA!

EDIT: The save file is in your appdata folder similar to Minecraft

Dont forget to check out youtube.com/ataxdude for my channel.

2. Ben Apprentice Engineer

Much better than the method I used on day 1, opening the texture files and copying the one I wanted in to the one I had :p Turned my blue astronaut white.
    Thanks for this, good find!

3. deicist Trainee Engineer

You can also use 'Soldier' in that field. I don't think the soldier model is implemented though :/

4. ataxdude Trainee Engineer

It took me maby 2 hours of digging in the forums to find the save file in your appdata. then it just took 30 key strokes and i got the astrobro to change color!

5. Ubiqanon Trainee Engineer

This should be pinned.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.