Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Character Mod Questions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by TonicOrange, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TonicOrange Trainee Engineer

so i know i asked recently about character stuff, but this time its a coding question. if i were to make my own animations, model and textures, how would i add them into the game to be accessed though the wardrobe?

also id like to know how to make custom weapons. just so i can make some aesthetics mods that dont over write the original sword/mace. just some simple custom mesh and textures nothing fancy.

similarly to the first question can textures be picked for servants? if so what would be the step id need to take in order to make different servant models and textures, and how would one pick them?

2. Coggernaut Trainee Engineer

Hey their,

I've done a lot of research with modding NPCs and I'm working on a guide that will go In-detail on modding everything in Medieval Engineers.

You can find the guide in my quote

Though, if you're serious about getting into modding, add me on steam, I'll help you out :)

Wardrobe should be possible. If I'm correct, all you do is go to the character.sbc and set the variable to "true" for it to be use in a wardrobe. I'll double check when I get home...

For animations you must create a new character animation and replace an old animation with the new one. You could have a new animation, but the code is terrible to do...

Though unfortunately I do not know how to model character models, so for changing texture I'm unsure. If you know how to model characters in blender, I can work with you on finding out...

This is a lot to explain, I'll be writing this portion of the guide tonight

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.