1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

cheeky idea, bring your ship to a planet with a medieval engineers settlement

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurikaktus, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kurikaktus

Kurikaktus Trainee Engineer

Just had a random thought while browsing my steam queue and seeing medieval engineers. I doubt anything like this would happen but what if...your ship fell into a black hole or something that caused it to travel through time....enter the earth where Medieval Engineers settlements are present...and just bomb the hell out of them. Seal clubbing 101 :D. It would be very ironic though if they fling a giant rock your way and downs your ship.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ghostickles

Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Why, so I burn my retina out?
    #makelightgreatagain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DDP-158

DDP-158 Master Engineer

Yeah this idea has passed through several times now. I liken it to the twinked L80's in wow who spend time in the newb zones challenging new players to duels.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. drkrieger

drkrieger Apprentice Engineer

*flings rock at spaceships*

*flings rock-ets at stone buildings*

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee

Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sumyunguy

Sumyunguy Trainee Engineer

Based on past SE experience, I fear flying rocks much more than I fear rockets.

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. WhiteWeasel

WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

And those rocks will learn to fear a cargo container filled to the brim with explosives:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. StormField

StormField Apprentice Engineer

^ Love it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR Apprentice Engineer

lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. StuffYouFear

StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Back when they were teaseing medieval enggys, they had a screenshot of redship on a planet. This was well before planets were a thing in SE and its all the same engine so I dont see why not. With the source code to both games I could see some mashup that could enable it.

11. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee

that was very probably photoshop

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cassius Faux

Cassius Faux Apprentice Engineer

13. Pennywise

Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. StuffYouFear

StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

15. BlackUmbrellas

BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dumbrarere

Dumbrarere Trainee Engineer

Maybe, instead, have ME-esque settlements (abandoned or otherwise, with plenty of loot) appear randomly on the terrestrial planet?

17. shimonu

shimonu Apprentice Engineer

Someone go mod dogs to barbarians :)

18. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee

i'd really like a crossover. i could build all the star wars stone buildings in SE i've always dreamed of

19. Clunas

Clunas Junior Engineer

capture and drop the exploding variant of cyberdogs on an ME planet...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dragon0G

Dragon0G Junior Engineer

I'll just drop this here:

[​IMG]

21. Kurikaktus

Kurikaktus Trainee Engineer

This would be fun to watch =))

22. Samulus

Samulus Trainee Engineer

592 AD, known as the "The Clanging", was the year of the beginning of what would eventually be the downfall and annihilation of all Medieval Engineers known. as taken from the following excerpt from the imaginary Wiki SE likes to quote:

"And lo, from the sky fell a great scarlet falcon that inflicted a great crater upon the earth as it reached the soil. The fragmented and broken sky cart yielded a man, much like us, clad in a suit of iron and stone; it was much shinier than the frocks that had served our many generations well. He dismounted his red beast and hailed us as roXXorurboXers, lord of worlds beyond. The coming weeks were a promising time for our race, Lord Rox revealing to us the secrets of the gods. Machines that could dispatch the roving barbarians that had plagued our settlements for aeons were now ours to behold. He showed us boxes that contained the fire of a million torches that he could command to destroy themselves and all around them at will. We received the secret to metallurgy and the means to manipulate them.

With the entirety of knowledge this being possessed, though, he was completely enamored with the idea of a simple ladder. With this he was gifted, and he was eternally grateful. A great feast of berries and roots was held in his honor and his happiness.

In his eternal gratitude, though, he revealed a secret that should have stayed as such: mechanisms he called rotors and pistons. It was not long before the peasants were being mutilated by the dozen. A piston would begin to lurch uncontrollably so that even the slightest touch of your small finger would send you on a death spiral of several hundreds of meters. Indeed, these were the true catapults and death engines of our God's age. One we could not fathom at the time and never had a chance to understand."

23. AlchemicalAgent

AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

There's a mod on the workshop with stone blocks and arches from ME that have been ported to SE. So there's nothing to stop you from building some ruins all over planets.

24. Sanfard

Sanfard Apprentice Engineer

A space engineer coming across a medieval engineer a few updates ago might've actually been given a run for their money by a glitch that allowed an unlimited amount of large stones to be simultaneously and effortlessly flung with maximum force beyond the borders of the map.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.