Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

"Class" for whole large ship?

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Aebian, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aebian Trainee Engineer

I'm new to the SE InGame scripting and trying to get a working ship-shield.
    Is there a way to generate a "shield via C#? So the owner has access to the ship and can fly trough the shield but anyony else don't ^^

2. Warixx Trainee Engineer

What do you mean with shield? You can make a "shield" with gates, but I suppose that would be a gate. You cannot alter gameplay and add "shields" via ingame scripting.

3. Aebian Trainee Engineer

I mean a simple Shield to make it impossible to destroy my ship.

4. Mauzen Trainee Engineer

That would make multiplayer lame as hell if anyone can just activate "god mode" with a PB. Nope thats not possible via PB, it would need a mod.

5. Aebian Trainee Engineer

Well its not meant for mp ^^

Code:
            public void RepairAllDamage()
            {
                if (CubeGrid.Skeleton == null)
                    CubeGrid.Skeleton = new List<BoneInfo>();
                else
                    CubeGrid.Skeleton.Clear();

foreach (var cube in CubeGrid.CubeBlocks)
                {
                    cube.IntegrityPercent = cube.BuildPercent;
                    // No need to set bones for individual blocks like rounded armor, as this is taken from the definition within the game itself.
                }

RaisePropertyChanged(() => IsDamaged);
                RaisePropertyChanged(() => DamageCount);
            }

6. plaYer2k Master Engineer

You can make that with a mod, but like Mauzen said not with ingame programming because that is what everyone has access to.

You can essentially say, modding is there to add plenty of new features and alter ingame informations you can not change with a player ingame.
    The ingame programming however only allows you to alter what you could also change ingame through the terminal system. You can not magically repair all blocks but you have to manually weld them. You can however enable welders that are properly positioned and then repair damage through such a method. Things dont become indestructible, but they kinda "regenerate".

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.