Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Community Manager Xocliw's 2nd 24 Hour Stream - Live Ticker and Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Commander Rotal, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Update: Since the madness is finally over for a few hours you might be interested in the 25-ish hours long Video On Demand of the stream!

So you were watching the 24 Hour @Xocliw Strem and got a really good screenshot, lulzy video snippet or just want to add something important that got xocLeak'd? Well you're in luck, dump it all here. All of it. Go on. Don't be shy.

In the meantime, let yourself be entertained by this list of activities. Let's not kid ourselfs here, though; most of the stream was Survival, doing nothing, or both
    [​IMG]

Zero Hour: Almost Time For Strem

[​IMG]

21:06: 30 minute count down starts 30 minutes late, because of course it is.

[​IMG]

21:36: it begins. Chat's on fire. He's wearing a helmet. In the heat of summer.
    It is closed.

[​IMG]

21:50: Xocliw lays down the ground rules for the offline challenge: The 24 Hour Stream Challenge Build will be a Space X mission in Space Engineers. (Any kind of modern Space X themed build.) Mods or Vanilla, anything you like. The original plan was to look at the entries by the end of the Stream but that got ladder'd, so you still have time to enter your results! Or start them, i guess.
    You can (still!) post it here: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/24-hour-stream-challenge-space-x-builds.7395934/

21:55
    ish: The first topic of the day, showcasing Draygo's Wind Mod, got sidetracked due to bugs. Xocliw switches to showing one of @Aragath's worlds while fixes are happening. Legend has it these Aragath Files got handed over to Xocliw in a burning building, with Aragaths last dieing breath, or at least Xocliw has intimate such to us. They are not currently available to the public.

[​IMG]

22:14ish: The bugs have been squished and Xocliw returns to @Draygo's Wind mod (baked into the Atmospheric mod-thingy). He still managed to break it on his own.
    Grab it in the Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571920453

[​IMG]
    You might not be getting liquid water but you MIGHT just get migrating ice blocks.

[​IMG]

23:05-09ish: Xocliw slowly starts deciding on the next topic. He teases some blowing down the line.

[​IMG]

23:30: A thread for the Challenge Builds has been created: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/24-hour-stream-challenge-space-x-builds.7395934/ (see above).

23:31: Xocliw continues showcasing with one of Keen Fixer @rexxar's two new mods: Relative Inertial Dampeners which matches Dampening to the nearest ship. I think. Get it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=966489379

[​IMG]

00:00: Showcasing Rexxar's second mod gets stalled a bit by Steam being Steam.

00:10: Showcase of Rexxar's second mod commences: Mobile Shipyard Mod! (Personally i like to call it the Primary Shuttle Bay Mod.) Get it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684618597 and tell 'em Rotal send ya. That's one hell of a refit i have to do... when i get around to install SE. *sigh*

[​IMG]

It has a built-in Tractor Beam ;_; i need this...
    Rexxar and Xocliw use dk27552872's Volunder Exploration Ship for demonstration purposes. You can get it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=350930545
    Apparently Rexxar has done terrible things to the poor ship, including vivisection.

00:18-ish: Xocliw serantes us with a little song.

00:29: The helmet FINALLY takes a break. He managed not to break it while taking it off.

[​IMG]

00:51: Xocliw looks at another drone-based world of Keen Softwarehouse Level Designer Aragath.

[​IMG]

00:58: Another Aragath World.

[​IMG]

Both of the immediately-above Worlds offer short and sweet fights against automated drones.

01:06: Yet another Aragath World. It's got automated vehicles and Chat is on fire for it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think we ever figured out how he got the cars to move without crashing into shit.

01:27
    ish: The guys start the Survivaling. Two seperated teams crashland on seperate moons above seperate Gas Giants. Their mission is to meet up. The guys are using @Doctor Octoganapus's Novana System which you can find here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943766446
    The Survival Portion of the Stream starts with a modified version of Novana that i THINK @northypark took care of? Anyone able to back me up on that? Forgot to write that down during the strem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Little Update at 02:24: as expected *cough cough* the Survival-portion is comparatively sparse on noteworthy incidents. Your humble storyteller is still present and lurking for news-worthy events. Like a nice little sub train that just happened. ... I'll probably crash and / or burn by 3 AM though.)

02:32: Xocliw asks Chat what the current oppinion on Shields is. https://strawpoll.com/s7yg3c96
    Shields are crushing the Naysayers.

[​IMG]

Shields confirmed.

02:50:

[​IMG]

03:11: Unfortunately i can't go on any longer. See you in a few hours.

10:34: asfjkhjsdafgjkh. I am the embodyment of "gross".... "Good" morning.
    Apparently they're still playing Survival and i was greeted with something lolzy from @RIVVION

[​IMG]

10:50: Survival has ended for now and Xocliw is thinking about what to do next.

[​IMG]

10:53: The time for the annual Wonder Wall video has come. Since he doesn't like it being easily available i will NOT link you the terribly visual-bug-riddenly Recording i did and put on my public Youtube channel last year. (Seriously, i need to plaster that with epillepsy warnings. Fraps didn't like recording the desktop...)

[​IMG]

11:23: I'm not actually sure what's going on here. i THINK they're having technical difficulties setting a public MP race up.

11:25: The sad part is he still looks more alive, awake and animated than myself right now.

[​IMG]

11:32: While the MP Server is being set up Xocliw returns to one of Aragath's Worlds to show it to newcommers.

11:36: Apprantly Xocliw forgot a previous plan to check out @PhoenixTheSage's new WIP mod: the Mexpex Warfare Industries, and updated Mexpex weapon collection. It is a colaboration between PhoenixTheSage, Admiral Burke (spelling?), @mexpex and i THINK there was talk of @Digi providing a script? Don't wanna spread false information so if anyone could fill me in on that... it'd be appreciated.
    (Edit: it's now released! Get it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=970804258 )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12:18: A short break starts. Chat is celebrating Chair. Well. I am.

[​IMG]

12:30: Xocliw's back from a short-ish break.

21:36ish: Oh look, a wild Aragath appeared!

[​IMG]

12:44: A Battle is in the making!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13:10ish: Xocliw plays @Orange Imortal's Xocliw-Speach-To-Song remix.

Xocliw reacts accordingly. The Remix was later repeated twice, once to show it to Deepflame, another time in between the final songs at the end of the strem.

[​IMG]

13:20: The duel culminates in one of the two ways a Large Ship Battle can end.

[​IMG]

13:25: Chair takes over the stream and promptly disappoints Chat by not moving the camera. Worst. Chair. Ever.

13:30: Xocliw.exe has stopped responding.

[​IMG]

13:43: Xocliw on having tummy aches: "Maybe i'm pregnant."

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoxyBelovedOpossumKeepo

13:47: Say it with me: "Go to bed, Xocliw"...

[​IMG]

13:55: Xoc keeps chilling in an attempt to get over a low.

[​IMG]

Also showed off his Jim Jams which i stupidly didn't take a screenshot of, but they're about what you'd expect.

14:00: Medieval Engineers Lead Developer Good Guy @Deepflame arrives to support Xocliw in his endevour to stay at least somewhat awake by bringing food, drink, medication and positive mojo. Also hopefully some fresh air. Chat praises Xocliw's saviour furiously.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14:14: Plugging Engineers

[​IMG]

14:16: I confess i don't actually know WHAT they're supposed to do right now. Looks like closed MP. I guess. Things got kinda weird, fast and lose towards the... middle of the end, i think. Mostly weird.

[​IMG]

14:19: A DeepLeak has been confirmed for later! This is not a drill! (It's a pickaxe.) /pun

14:29: Chat finally convinces Xocliw to drink Deepflame's coke. Deepflame looks kinda sinister, as if he's happy that his plan came together.

[​IMG]

14:50: The Stream is slowly evolving into "The Deepflame Show occasionally featuring Xocliw's corpse" as Xocliw is slowly turning into a zombie :(

[​IMG]

14:57: After building a catapult in Space Engineers the boys prepare the DeepLeak.

15:00: Have a DeepLeak! There will be a New Faction Screen!

[​IMG]

15:05:

[​IMG]

15:22:
    yeah i'm not asleep yet, there's just nothing happening while Xocliw's trying to reboot.

[​IMG]

15:30: Xocliw shows one of Aragath's Worlds to Deepflame.

[​IMG]

15:49: The boys contemplate public MP.

16:06: Public Multiplayer has started. It went about as well as you'd expect of space engineers. (This means the players and the game both.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16:40: Good Guy Deepflame is leaving Xocliw to pursue real life. Chat rewards his friendship with a lit display of love. Go buy Medieval Engineers.

[​IMG]

16:50: Classic public Mars Arena buildoff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17:31: Build Off Fight begins:

[​IMG]

17:41: Something is breaking. Either the game or Xoc's computer's will to live.

[​IMG]

18:00: MP Problems become curiouser and curiouser.

18:25: Due to SE's MP being ded the stream is slowly migrating to other topics. Current target: Saxophone playing.

18:42: And so it begins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh hey, we do get to see his Star Wars Jim Jams again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19:56: Having concluded the Sax, Xocliw returns to public Multiplayer on Rexxar's server.

[​IMG]

20:17:
    1 hour 12 minutes to go and the helmet has returned.

[​IMG]

20:50: Stream is winding down with a casual review of showcases. Keen Fixer Rexxar leaves after staying for a lot of the stream over Discord. Aragath is celebrated both on the screen and in Chat.

[​IMG]

21:03:
    Less than half an hour to go. The last giveaway of the stream has ended and the stream is trying to kill a poor server with a maximum player stress test.

[​IMG]

21:22: Just in time before the end of the Stream PhoenixTheSage released the Mexpex Warfare Industries mod. You can get it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=970804258

21:26: Less than five minutes until official 24 Hour Strem Conclusion.

[​IMG]

21:29: 50 seconds to go!

[​IMG]

21:30: aaaaaand it's a wrap.

[​IMG]

21:37-ish: To celebrate the end of the strem Xocliw and PhoenixTheSage engage in one last space battle, and there is one last sub/regular-only giveaway for a signed SE Poster.

[​IMG]

21:44: And now there's a raffle for another SE-key provided by Rivvion because Xocliw likes to turn me into a lier -.-'

21:49: He's STILL outfitting the ship because he forgot to make a blueprint before... and then refused to make a blueprint when he was reminded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's the OTHER way Large Ship Battles usually end.

22:07: Aaaaaand he's still stremming.

[​IMG]

22:08: the first final song begins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22:17: Final final song commences.

22:25: and as always, there is a quote to end.

"It's very important that you go to bed. Otherwise the next morning you'll have a feeling of dread."
    "If you're ready to go to bed you probably shouldn't drink a cup of lead.
    *incomprehensible murmuring behind the helmet's visor*

Xocliw, 2017​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ussnumbnuts100 Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    i miss my small screen tho but it nice for viewing also got deepfried chocolate twinkies corndogs fries and veggie sweet roll things and a large drink

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sirhamsteralot Trainee Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I am famous :D Rendering while SE runs is pure PC burning tho. I had to make the right decision :p :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ventus Trainee Engineer

6. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

"Damn Keen"
    " pick up some cats songs"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I wish i'd have had the time to record some of this. Was hoping for A LOT more clip posts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

Almost lost my dinner on some of those quotes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. X_Wing_Ian Trainee Engineer

From what I was told by Jimmacle they tried to crash the official torch Server concealment broke, the first time up to 65 people I think that was concealment borking , second time 40-45 players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Galactic Survivor Trainee Engineer

11. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

that's one heck of a detailed breakdown. Also glad to see some support for shields as I wasn't around when that question came up. Please tell me someone got the clip of the wheeled vehicle picking itself up and slamming into the ground lols. Far as shields go I've been hoping they would make their way into game for awhile now. Next on my list would be a small jump drive and then I could go full on star wars at that point. Far as to how implementation could go, I don't think folks would want shields to be a complete negation of damage in all cases, including slamming into a planet or building. I use an energy shield's mod from steam and that's one gripe I have with it is that it does a complete negation even when slamming into things. In Star Trek Online there are actually 4 different types of shields mainly that are used with all of them having at least some damage bleedthrough, usually 10% so they are not complete damage negaters. In other words, if you were hit for 1000 damage to the shields, 100 points would still make it through, with full damage making it in after the shields fell. The highest bleedthrough I have seen is 20%. Overall shield capacity never typically exceeds 1/3 of your ship's total health. With complete specialization towards boost shield capacity, highest possible shield capacity is half your ship's health, however if you do this, you have no power anywhere else and your effectiveness is near zero. You can pick up certain modifiers to better specialize the shield to your situation as well such as going against a certain weapon type. These mods may as one example give increased resistance to rockets, but slight increased vulnerability to gatlings. When using reputation shields in game, you can sometimes get set bonuses if you use the shield and other items from that specific reputation in your build. Doubt that set bonuses would be practical in SE but since it is something that can happen in the STO side I mentioned it here.

-Basic: just like they sound they carry the standard 10% bleedthrough, average regeneration, can pick up some mods to specialize it against certain energy types a bit more or get some slight buffs to regen or capacity, otherwise nothing special about them.
    -Regenerative: These shields have the lowest capacity but the highest regeneration rate. If you have sufficient regen stats they can regenerate extremely quickly. they also have a 10% bleedthrough. These shields are vulnerable to spike damage and large hits coming in at once due to their lower capacity.
    -Covariant: these shields have the highest capacity in game but the lowest regen. These shields typically deal with spike damage best as they have increased capacity to absorb the heavier hits. However since their regen is the lowest it takes longer for them to get back to full capacity without using regenerative abilities or such in game.
    -Resilient: these shields are the middle of the road. They have average regen and average capacity but where they excel is their bleedthrough is only 5% compared to their brothers. While they stop more damage upfront, the downside is that since they stop more damage upfront their capacity can be drained faster. They can take some spike damage but not nearly as much as their Covariant brothers can.

If shields were introduced to SE I would hope it would be a system something like that, where you get protections but are not completely invulnerable. I believe a similar system to what I outlined above could be implemented. Aside from my banter on shields it would appear I have portions of stream to catch up on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Thanks for this thread Rotal! <3 It sums up the stream really nicely and I will definitely revisit it when I feel like reminiscing about it! ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

preparation for 24hours stream:
    coffee check
    cucumber check
    wait cucumber? were you masturbating since 03:11? :woot:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I want to say "Yes but i'm not quite at the cucumber stage yet :baby: " but sadly i had to make due with eating them. I was a bit too busy to enjoy myself.

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.