Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Compact little Ship

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Balmung, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Balmung Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Click to enlarge​

I want to make a small and compact little Ship, but it should be symmetrical so at the End this little Ship comes out that didn't look too bad. It have a dimension of 6x5x3 Blocks (LxWxH) and enough place on both sides to place there weapons or like on the Image Reflector Lights. It have only one Truster for forward flying and two for backward, so it brakes very fast.
    Compare with one Block of a large Ship it is ~1.25 x ~1.05 x ~0.66 (LxWxH). So a bit too width for a 1x1 Floor, but have so enough room to navigate on a 2x1 Floor.

Edit: sorry, Link corrected, second Image now in big.

2. ZeichenZwerg Trainee Engineer

Nice idea,
    Maybe could be a shuttle for the inside of a big ship

3. Balmung Senior Engineer

You want to go fast from one Place to another? This is the right Shuttle for you (same Dimensions as above):

[​IMG]

Forward: 7 Thrusters
    Backward: 4 Thrusters
    Small Engines: 4

Flyable Rocket. :rof:

And when you keep off the Landing Gear, there is more Place for Thrusters and Engines. ;)

Have build also a little Ship with 2 Big Thrusters, but it's 1 Block longer and 2 Blocks wider and need 11 Small Engines. But the acceleration is really heavy. Less than 2 Seconds for max. Speed and don't fly too long in one direction or you didn't find the way back. Definitely not for city traffic. ;)

4. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

Mh, the reactors are kinda exposed on this one. Wouldn't want to get into combat.

5. Balmung Senior Engineer

They are not really made for Combat. Didn't survive very long. ;)

I have made a Map with this Ships above, the Rocket one is there too. Also i could made a "perfect" Shuttle, there is no Place for Weapons, Reflector Light or something, but it's on block shorter, means 5x5x3 Blocks (LxWxH).

I also made earlier a little Heavy Worker Ship (5x5x5) with many Place for Tools. You can see it hear, the left one, the next with the Drill is a direct Variant of it.
    [​IMG]

Here is the Map with 5 little Ships (nearest to the Players) and 3 little Experiment Ships:

http://pics.blizado.de/spaceeng/Small_Ships.zip (~1MB)

You Must unzip it to the "SpaceEngineers/Saves/<many Numbers here>/" Directory where your other Worlds are saved.

Edit: Updated the Map, now with one Ship more: a small Escape Pod only to escape very quick from you large Ship or Station. It only can fly in one Direction.

6. Kilfio Trainee Engineer

Now that would be the best little escape pod. Directional thrusters to guide trajectory, light, easy to use. Nice! Build a large ship and put some escape pod bays with those in there.

7. Balmung Senior Engineer

I would design Escape Pods different, this Ships must only fly above in one direction with a very fast Speed (4 Thrusters are enough, possible are 8, but the Look is also important for me) and a Thruster to stop and one Antenna for the distress Signal to get rescue from a other Ship. That is how Escape Pods works in StarTrek. ;)

I have updated the Map, now with extra Escape Pod downstairs (only press Space to use it). Its the same Download Link from my last Post above.

8. Balmung Senior Engineer

I have published the Map above also on Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190284664

9. Joeliosis Trainee Engineer

The whole microship genre of ship building is pretty fun, although you guys have a way smaller ship than mine. My creation is called "the best microship I could build"

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.