Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Concrete Blocks

Discussion in 'General' started by Dalfryth, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Dalfryth Trainee Engineer

An idea I've had whizzing around my head for a while now (apologies if already been suggested... On my phone not the PC)
    Concrete blocks... Bear with me:
    1) assembler converts an amount of gravel into concrete units(bags?) - this will help with early game allowing basic buildings be made without eating through iron
    2) to make it more balanced, have it that concrete blocks grind to nothing AND they do not allow power transfer (means people will still have to use light/heavy armour blocks) - this can also be a benefit for base building as you can seperate power systems
    3) further means of making it less attractive than light/heavy armour, have them forced to stationary structures (like wind generator) so you don't end up with concrete spaceships.
    Let me know what you think please... This may be my first attempt at making a mod!
    --- Automerge ---
    Realised I posted in the wrong place... Moving to suggestions page.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi, the SE Devs told the community they wil choose from the most wanted of the POrtal if they decide to add more to the game.

It is in the pinned important messages = All goes to Portal, here :

https://support.keenswh.com/

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I know of several concrete mods, but don’t know if they’re still operational.

4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I also know that concrete blocks have been requested since.... well the beginning pretty much.

5. TheHellKat Trainee Engineer

I'd love for this to be a thing. You could even make circuit breakers using rotors and such (attach/detach to control power flow through the grid).

One big stalling point (which I think is also a big selling point) is the glow of power through the grid. At present every block allows power flow. So having a static connection through the grid that doesn't seems like it would require a major rework of the current power systems.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Yeah, but now there's a reason to include concrete. We need a way to dispose of those dead engineer clone corpses. (Let 'em sleep with the fishes.)

• Like Like x 1