Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Connect Space Engineers to database / Website

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by bleakhead, May 16, 2019.

1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    I want to ask if it is possible to connect the multiplayer data of Space Engineers to a Database and print it on a Website. If it is possible, could you mention some points to accomplish this?

2. Malware Master Engineer

The only way you could accomplish this would be to write a plugin for Space Engineers and process the data yourself. It would probably be a non-trivial task, but possible.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about: A plugin is the 3rd extensibility tier for Space Engineers. There's:

1. ingame programming (the engineer programming their ship)
    2. modding (the player extending their game)
    3. plugin (you can do pretty much anything).

Problem with a plugin is that it can't be distributed via the workshop due to its inherent risks. When I say you can do anything, I really mean anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

@Malware okay thank you! Plugin is a great keyword.

4. Roxette Senior Engineer

Depending on precisely what data you want to present, it could be achieved by extracting the data from the save files which are plain text and processing eg with sed and awk or other simple means. ^.^

5. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

I just thought on some player data. Faction, Ressources in that faction or maybe a faction score. I am a full-stack web developer and I just want to get into game development. So I took the challenge to connect SE to website. I know the part about web-application but not how SE provides their data. Of course, it is not easy and that simple. There are already sites with that sort of content. I like it and its interesting.