Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Connector wont Collect

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by HollowVoices, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

I'm having issues getting this Torpedo 3D Printer to work. Currently the collector on the torpedo refuses to collect anything despite being set to collect all. Is there something wrong with the design of the torpedo? Currently the world is set to survival. There is no real way of testing this properly in Creative due to welding speeds and self powered reactors.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/itemedittext/?id=365944368

There are three buttons on the printer. Top two are for individual work, bottom button is for full cycle.

[ MergeBlockOnOff ] [ CollectorThrowOutOnOff ]

[ Fully Automated System Start ]

Welding speed is low so it takes about a minute for a full cycle. Once it ends the uranium ingots just float and bang against the collector on the torpedo. You'll have to cut off the top merge block and push it away to do a reset since the torp doesn't get any power to launch.

If a blueprint for the torpedo is needed, I have one placed to the lower right of the 3D Printer against the station. Use the closest torp, others are older and I forgot to get rid of them.

Any help on why the collector on the torp isn't collecting will be of great help to me and perfecting this small ship torpedo launcher. (With more welders it'll be much quicker, just trying to get the stupid collector working)

Thanks!

*sorry for the mess of a world, I just happen to do a lot of weird builds to try new things in there and didn't think to stick this in an empty world until it was too late*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2014
  2. DanDuncombe Apprentice Engineer

Is the torpedo the black thing full of warheads by a projector? if so, that is a connector, not a collector. The connector's 'collect all' function makes it take as much as it can out of connected inventories, ready for ejecting. In other words, wrong block :p

3. HollowVoices Trainee Engineer

Thanks Dan, I feel like an idiot now lol

4. DanDuncombe Apprentice Engineer

No problem :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.