Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Constant Stuttering in Gameplay. AMD FX Related?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Hurks, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hurks Trainee Engineer

From the time I purchased this game (Feb 24), I've had a problem that I don't see many people experiencing out of the sea of crash reports.
    Every time I attempt to destroy absolutely anything in this game, it will freeze for a second, and periodically it will advance the frames in small bursts. It looks like you're rendering a video/simulation pretty much.

I see every suggestion saying to check if your graphics card is decent, dx11, etc..
    I have a MSI Cyclone GTX 550 TI, which has dominated any game I've thrown at it and still tanks well even today. I've played with the in game graphics like a security strip search.
    I took some looks into the Nvidia control panel as well, enabling nvidia to take control of certain graphics options within it's preferences instead of the application's. All of the things I changed would be too much to type out but just take my word for it that I tried pretty much everything.

Now, my CPU is quite a tank as well. AMD Fx 8320 (OC'ed to 4.5ghz). Is compatibility with this series of cpu's highly-likely to be the cause of the stutters?
    I'm seeing a lot of people who play this game and give feedback using Intel, or different AMD lineups. It's making me scratch my head though, I don't know a whole lot about what goes on in games when it comes to utilizing the cpu, but I'm not seeing very bad results going on in what benchmarks say.

Fraps FPS Counter: 45 FPS solid (Even when stutters make it look like 2 fps)
    MSI Afterburner CPU Activity: [​IMG]

I know this game isn't optimized and i'm not angry at all, I actually still play it even though it does this to an almost unplayable level lmao.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.