Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Conveyors, Sorting and Oxygen?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Dare Arkin, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dare Arkin Apprentice Engineer

I'm trying to set up a moon-based oxygen/uranium refinery. Mostly for proof of concept, admittedly.

But I've run into an odd problem. I've got things set up like this: Drill craft lands on a platform, connects to a connector. In theory it would then dump ice and uranium into the cargo units down the line, and eject stone below the platform. So the setup is this:

Connector > Conveyor Hub > Sorter (Ice, Uranium Ore) > Cargo Container
    ----------------- V
    ------------ Sorter (Stone)
    ----------------- V
    -------- Connector (Eject Stone)

Thing is... nothing happens. No stone is ejected unless I manually drag it into the connector, and nothing is sent to the cargo containers. And even if that weren't the case, part of my plan was to have the craft refuel its oxygen from the base by this setup. Will the sorters block the flow, or are we good?

2. SilentShadow Apprentice Engineer

Set the connector (eject stone) to "drain all" and "throw out".
    Also, I haven't tried it but I've heard that sorters may or may not allow oxygen to flow backwards, depending on whims of the current build.

If you don't want to use a programmable block and an inventory script may I suggest the following...
    Place an additional sorter coming out of the oxygen generator that blacklist stone, ore and ice. Loop back to the conveyor hub.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.