Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Custom Importer/Editor tool - SEToolbox

Discussion in 'Modding Guides and Tools' started by midspace, Nov 24, 2013.

1. midspace Senior Engineer

Version 01.186.500 Release 2 is up. Download the latest from here.

Major changes:
    • Restored Asteroid Viewing/editing.
      After years, the asteroids can now be viewed and edited in SEToolbox again. We've tapped into the Space Engineers' API to allow loading and editing of current version of the asteroid files.

• Improved Save game Open screen.
      We've made changes to how the load screen works, allowing it to scan through all your saved games faster before bringing up the dialog, so you don't have to sit there waiting. Additionally, it now checks the save files when you open it, and displays any issues typically encountered when loading old or corrupted save games.

• We are looking for help in translating SEToolbox to Chinese and German.

2. midspace Senior Engineer

Version 01.186.500 Release 4 is up. Download the latest from here.

Changes:
    • Added ability to select all connected grids, via Mechanical (Piston, Rotor, Wheel) and/or Connector. (See the Select menu, or the right click context menu)
    • Added ability to export to the game blueprints. (See Export menu)
    • Fix when starting SEToolbox, it was failing to detect if an updated version was available.
    Changes from Release 3:
    • Restored missing thumbnail images.
      SEToolbox can now read the textures and display the thumbnails icons for cubes and components.
      This feature was lost when KeenSWH started using DX11 textures for thumbnails.
    • Fix reading planets.
      This caused an issue when reading the planet dimensions an calculating the centre.

If you like see these updates to SEToolbox, please make sure thumb up or mark as informative. I don't have any other way of measuring stats to know how many people are downloading the updates.

• Like Like x 4
  3. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Thanks for this excellent tool. Just updated and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like the location of the SE application file:
    E:\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe
    It keeps giving me the error "Invalid location specified."

4. midspace Senior Engineer

Hi KingdomBragg.
    SEToolbox is not compatible with the MPTest branch which is currently been used by KeenSWH for multiplayer testing.
    Can you confirm which SE branch you are using?

5. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Sorry for the late response, but yes, I was on the MPTest branch. I've reverted now and all is working again. Thanks :)