Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Custom Importer/Editor tool - SEToolbox

Discussion in 'Modding Guides and Tools' started by midspace, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Yes really.

:)

2. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

Well, crap.

I'm pretty busy right now, but I have a vm with VS gathering dust somewhere around here, so I suppose I'll have to go find it -- because fixing that null pointer is probably easier than manually mirroring what I've got built already.

3. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

I took a fast look... found the problem (and then some... still digging).

I was trying to mirror a grid that used a lot of modded blocks, including armored conveyors and azimuth reactors. The crash was caused by a missing null check (natch) which was triggered by an inability to locate the CubeBlockDefinition via FirstOrDefault().

I added a null check, and was able to mirror the grid with the exception of the modded blocks (lots of blocks missing). Armored conveyors and azimuth reactors were missing, but shield blocks were okay.

Viewing the grid info in SEToolbox showed that the modded blocks were kinda-sorta there -- but were missing important info like name and pcu (suspect borked load). Check SE log, no problems apparent.

Looking at armored conveyor's CubeBlocks.sbc I noted that some of the stock conveyors were included as variants, so I took a stab in the dark and removed them -- voila, can now mirror the armored blocks (and no crash using current version). I sent Spacebar a message on Steam.

Looks like SE chokes on the sbc load but doesn't complain. Given that SEToolbox was missing all sorts of info (like name and pcu) I'd imagine other random weirdness is occurring.

Still digging, need to get the rest of the modded blocks mirrored.

4. BitsNoKibbles Trainee Engineer

Additional info:

I did some testing with the azimuth fusion reactors, can confirm that any variant or block pair name that does not exactly match (including case) a subtype ID in the sbc file will cause the problem.

I've been cloning mods and correcting sbc files just to get the mirroring done. Once everything is mirrored, switching back to the published mod (and its "broken" sbc files) doesn't break anything.

5. Angel&Mari Trainee Engineer

seems to be broke again. se toolbox invalid location. SE files are in right order. drive C.

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

7. Alewx Trainee Engineer

Who is working on it, can't find anyone telling it in the last pages, nor in the forks of the repo.

8. Roxette Senior Engineer

Very few people use this forum any longer, especially of those in the modding fraternity. I believe it is Rexxar, and he can be found on the Torch Discord

9. Alewx Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the info, yeah sadly forums are more and more abandoned.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.