Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

DARCtech Industries

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by DarkS33d, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

2. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

||Incoming communications...||

Coming down the pipeline next is the T-20 Egress Transport and Cargoship

Description:

For all intents and purposes the T-20 Egress is a space bus. Her asymmetrical design is her most notable feature, no doubt allowing for a few extra compartments than would normally be possible. The Egress is mostly used for short, inter-system travel, though she is equipped with several quarters that can sustain a full crew and passengers to deep space destinations.

Her propulsion is meager, so outrunning a pursuer is not an option. The two gatling turrets mounted on the dorsal and ventral hull are simply there to discourage would-be bandits but they're hardly a threat to serious pirates.

If you're looking to get from point A to point B with all of your belongings intact, you might consider hopping aboard an Egress.

Ship Specs:

Weight: 1,926,143 kg

Dimensions: 42.5m x 40m x 95m (17 x 16 x 38)

Internals:
    3 Decks
    Deck 1 - Bridge (offset)
    Deck 2 - Passenger seating, Cargo access, Airlock access, Medbay, Hangar Control, Restrooms
    Deck 3 - Main Engineering, Crew and passenger cabins, Hangar, Additional restroom and shower.

Propulsion:
    - 4 Large Thrusters
    - 34 Small Thrusters

Acceleration:
    1.4 m/s
    Cruise speed (50m/s) in 35 secs

Power:
    116.00 MW
    - 1 Large Reactor
    - 4x Batteries

Cargo Capacity:
    - 4x Large Cargo Containers connected to internal conveyor network
    - 4x Small Personal Storage Containers

Heavy Armor Ratio:
    2%

Hangars:
    - Small Aft Shuttle Bay
    - One 4 passenger shuttle

Defenses:
    - 2x Gatling Turrets

Crew Capacity:
    - 3x crew: Captain, Navigator, Engineer
    - 10 passengers

Skybox shown in screenshots created by: Stone Cold Jane Austen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

What software are you using for those images..
    Oh.. and nice ships. Anymore angles of the transport?

4. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Photoshop CS 5. Though, I'm not really utilizing any special features; these images could be done just as easily with Gimp I'd imagine.

Also, I'm editing this post as we speak. More images should be up.
    Thanks.

5. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Yep, she certainly is a looker.

6. Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

I like your use of the button panels with the ramps. Fantastic creativity. :)

7. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Very nice Dark! I was a big fan of the Overtaker as I said in another thread and the egress is looking good! You've managed to cram a hell of a lot into such a small craft. I'm also far too scared of making non-symetrical ships, so props for that as well. I particularly like your bridge and the gryo hall! I'm guessing you did the sketch yourself as well? That actually adds an enormous amount to the whole showcase, love it.

Your presentation images as well are also brilliant, I love the Corp introduction one; I think I need to do something similar but having never moved beyond Paint until a couple of weeks back I doubt mine will be nearly as good.

8. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

And what about the last one of your images?

Nice job though. For me, 1/2 of the ship's appreciation is for the design/style, and the other 1/2 is for the light works.
    And you kinda nailed both.

9. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

Wow! You make really nice ships. And you can draw too. Keep them coming.

10. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Well guys, it took me about an hour and a half just to get this post up and going and hopefully with minimal typos :)

@Kayatami: Thanks! The epiphany happened when I was rotating the control console around and it happened to actually look good laying down flat. Had to keep myself from trying to place them everywhere.

@Tristavius: Yep, my main goal with this ship was to do something asymmetrical. My initial sketch helped me with that.

@Tipiak: That last image is a pencil drawing quickly colored in Photoshop. Since I do that for a living I thought I could do it in a snap. It took me most of the day. lol. In fact, I might be in trouble because I haven't gotten my real work done today.

11. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Thanks! Will do.

12. PyreStarite Junior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Excellent work. Never stawp building. Love the drawing too!

13. Kayatami Apprentice Engineer

What inspired you to create that transport? It is quite unique from other designs I've seen. Were you doodling and it looked like something fun to build? or ... ?

14. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Yah, just wanted to take a break from large military ships and create smaller civilian ships that people could possibly add to their cargo ship spawning list.

15. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

One last edition to the Egress, a small shuttle for its shuttle bay. It's a snug fit. This version is now uploaded to my workshop. Link edited into the first post.

This is the pure vanilla version, next I want to spice it up with some mods.

[​IMG]

16. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the seal!

17. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Found some time to upgrade the T-20 Egress with mods: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309834006&searchtext=T-20+Egress

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. propagandawar Apprentice Engineer

Great work!

19. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Thanks!

Now with the recent update I need to add flashing lights and sensors!

20. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Still really liking this - the asymmetry is something I'd never be brave enough to try, let along pull off like you have!

Loving the presentation still as well!

What's next in the pipeline?

21. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Thanks!
    For my next trick, a civilian outpost station! I don't know where I'll find the time to do it but sounds like fun. I suppose it could also be used as an adventure map if I can come up with some clever features.

22. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Thought I'd jump on the drone bandwagon while it's hot, meet Dave. I made this before downloading Gflecka's popular drone test on the Workshop to see how he did his. I know there's no way to prove this, you'll just have to take my word for it :)

At any rate it has a few extra features like stopping and navigating anything that is in the way of it and the player it is trying to follow. Also, it will stop if the player gets to far away or too close. When too close the proximity alarm will go off and red lights will flash! It can keep up with the player at about 20 m/s. Currently I working on a waypoint system that the drone can navigate autonomously. A least that's the plan.

As it stands, the system of sensors I have setup allows it to navigate obstacles like debris, ships, and get to it's target most of the time. Sometimes it is just going too fast to stop in time. Perhaps gravity based propulsion can alleviate this. Back to the drawing board!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Hey guys, I'm working on some modular base building units. Essentially modules with different uses that you can combine together in any configuration for quick and easy map making or making a starter base for survival.

Four sides are mirrored so they can connect together seamlessly. I have a couple of modules planned to start off with including: Power room, Hangar, Crew Apartments, Ore Processing, Food Galley. The apartments are shown in the screenshots below, I'm still working on the rest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Playing around with gears and rails!
    [​IMG]

24. Dice Trainee Engineer

Reminds me of the citadel from ME.

25. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Cool, cool. I can see what you mean. I still have to pick a color pattern for everything. Right now everything is standard metallic grey.

Those "statues" in center actually slowly spin as well. Wish I could add streams of water too!

26. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

I'd actually said more like Horizon's Sanctuary.

Look nice !

27. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Incoming DarcTech News: New Ship, currently unnamed.

It's been a while since I've posted but I had to show this off. Still in early stages; the main impetus for this build was to try out armor ramps by Uncle Ste. I was hesitant in the past about using Uncle's mod, or any building block mod for that matter, for fear of its uncertain permanency. Basically I didn't want to load up the file one day to find the main building block of my ship gone and the ship a hollowed out, broken mess due to some mod mishap or deletion. But I'm willing to take the risk now. The blocks are just too cool not to be used.

Anyway, like was mentioned, the ship's still in early stages. Lighting, conveyor system, weapons, and more interior building still needs to be done. But it is coming along and perhaps when I'm finished someone can help me name her :)

BTW, this design was referenced from a random ship concept I Googled. It's not an exact replica, I changed fair bit and added my own details here and there. Just in case someone says, "hey that ship looks like so and so's design". :p

front:
    [​IMG]
    back:
    [​IMG]
    bridge:
    [​IMG]
    bridge2:
    [​IMG]
    Holotable/ Cyberwarfare Command:
    [​IMG]

28. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Fabs....you got them

29. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the view.
    I'm planning to use some rounded blocks in the build, you'd think it would be easy but they're just so awkward.

30. Tristavius Senior Engineer

A new Darctech ship!!! This makes me rather happy :D

I think perhaps you need a nice company logo for the side?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.