Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dark spots on planets (Mining thingies)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tralalakk, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tralalakk Trainee Engineer

so i been playing for few days on my world with friend and we had no issue until now all dark spots or patches are gone we dont get any new ones and the old ones are gone it happened after yesterday update the one from 2.2.18.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TokMor Trainee Engineer

Can confirm, on both vanilla and modded worlds the XXX_add.png does not render ore "dark patches" as expected on the planet. Good luck miners.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tralalakk Trainee Engineer

yeah it sucks its damm near imposible to mine hope they will fix it soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rusticza Trainee Engineer

Same for me, loaded up this morning all excited. Can't find any "ore dark spots"

edit:
    managed to find a rock to mine, but the miner doesn't work as well as it used too, too hard to get it to register that I'm close enough to mine the rock, i.e sound but no actual mining/destruction of rock.
    Once I get it to work I can't pick up any of the minerals that fall.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  5. HeavyGuns Trainee Engineer

All vanilla survival;
    1. the dark spots are gone
    2. the right click to mine without generating ore doesn't seem to work
    3. the ore that is generated is hard\impossible to pick up (f key)
    4. The ore that you can't pick, up bounces around like ice on a wood stove and vanishes quickly (like well, ice on a wood stove).

Finding ore and mining are much harder now.

On the plus side, the wheels work great. Wheeled vehicles are practical now.
    New audio is great.
    Visuals are better. Thank you for all the improvements.
    Between the accurate rifles and functioning wheels, its fun to just jump in a buggy and go hunt wolves (until mining gets fixed).

Almost forgot, my turrets aren't wasting ammo on dead wolves now. Huge thank you.

6. Tralalakk Trainee Engineer

yeah i noticed that as well the ore you mine with hand is imposible to pick up and it despawns wery quick

7. Draconspy Trainee Engineer

+1

When mining by hand on planet/moon/or in space i cannot pick up the ore. only small rocks are targetable, and despawn way to fast

8. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Ohh, one of our testers has already reported this issue.

It will be fixed as soon as possible!

• Late Late x 1
  9. Tralalakk Trainee Engineer

great to hear that :) (mimochodem zdravim vas tam vsechny :D )

10. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Listening to Xoc's stream last night I got the impression that there are plans to remove the spots, but replace them with some other mechanism to find ore spots, and they were removed too soon.

I spawned a new Solar System after the patch and have also found that the number of ore spots in the large lake I landed on seem a lot less than previously. I built a large grid six-wheel rolling sled with a large ore detector and only seemed to find a few spots. But the fact that I can now drive around a large grid wheeled version of the lander, even beyond the lake is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Richard Skallabjorn Smith Trainee Engineer

Well from what I have seen, by now you all know the removal of dark spots was deliberate. One thing they forgot to do... remove the loading screen hint that says " dark spots on planets indicate ore deposits"... silly eh

• Like Like x 1
  12. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

wonder what the new ore deposit hint will be?
    nevertheless the default respawn lander is very well equipped to scan for ore.

• Late Late x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.