Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Darth Biomech's (rarely updating (not so rarely after all)) modeling thread

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by darth_biomech, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aracus Senior Engineer

Looks like something out of KOTOR... LOVE IT!

2. commanderoz Trainee Engineer

just got finished looking at the power, of the accumulators. work fine and are balanced. there will be no changes to that or build costs. small accumulator texture done except for custom color mask. noticed issue with issue with large accumulator texture showing lines on edges makeing it look not round. sorry biomech, gonna have to redo it. will try and replicate it as much as possible(cuz that texture work is sexy).

3. commanderoz Trainee Engineer

Accumulator mod has been uploaded to steam workshop. all mods of darthbiomechs i reupload will have curator ver. in the name. Sorry this took long struggled with the SBC file. havnt modded SE inawhile. will get dmg particals working eventually.

4. commanderoz Trainee Engineer

tested laser communication dish. had issues getting it to connect to another dish not at same elevation or azimuth. Works at advertised range. Will fix and continue testing. possibly more detail in texture after.

5. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

I'm not saying that I am returning to modding...
    Rather more that I checked the improved Fighter Cockpit model. I liked some of the details, but man, do I wanna to gently strangle the modeler who worked on that) Basically, he just beveled everything, and now there's a ton of parasite polycount, including some weird floating geometry too! I probably grinded off at least a third of polycount by dsimply deleting polygons that will not be seen by anybody ever. But I liked the changes to the design of the block though (well, except thickened canopy bars).
    So I kinda wanted to do it right, this time with PBR textures and hipoly normalmaps and especially with fresh interrior, cuz I think that my original creation was kinda bare-looking.
    [​IMG]

I would like if Keen took that improved model, but if not, I'll probably will need your help, @commanderoz , to put it in a mod) I understand it that model compiling and texture creating become a clusterfuck of some kind, with necessity to use some weird converter programs without UI...

Could somebody help me pls and convert those fresh DX11 textures of the conveyors to TGA, so I could put them onto kitbash parts of the model in 3ds max?
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Made proper Space Chair)

• Like Like x 4
  7. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

Looking good. I get the impression that the hidden geometry and world holes etc is a consequence of Keen using a parts library to speed up the workflow when they were making the new models. They should definitely take the time now to go over those models that are well liked and unlikely to change.

Have you heard from them regarding your observations about the fighter cockpit?

8. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Well, I didn't shared it, so no, I haven't heard from them yet.:) :clang:

Yeah, come to think about it, it feels like they didn't even UV some of the models, and just slapped materials on them and all texture details were made with floating geometry.

9. anomalousreading Trainee Engineer

I'm sorry.. I looked up and down this thread for a working link, but I only get a media fire invalid/deleted file. May I please have a copy to the modpack? I am eager to look through the treasure trove! Thank you very much @darth_biomech!

10. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Highpoly in progress :3

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ofc, here it is -
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/e20kbq58euxe18b/Space_Engineers_mods_archive.rar

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 3vil_Luigi Apprentice Engineer

Please do keep on not-returning-to-modding if it yields such awesome results such as this pilot seat :3

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

More work on hipoly...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

Welcome back on not returning! :D
    Keen really should hire you to do this kind of stuff, since you really are making a difference with this.
    I'm curious why they didn't yet....

14. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

I actually tried to apply, but did that at a really bad time and was unable to do the test job in time, due to my freelance work suddenly shifting deadlines. I'm now must be in their "untrustworthy candidates" blacklist or something.

15. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

Hmz, well you could always try again, I hope they can understand, because you could really make a difference :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. commanderoz Trainee Engineer

i go reclusive and darth is lurking in the corners :stare:. All good tho, i'll help in anyway i can. just msg me what you need and during my lunch breaks i'll hammer them out.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.