Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

DEARDEVS PLEASE ROLL BACK THIS UPDATE!!! TALK TO US PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by andrew.evins, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. andrew.evins Trainee Engineer

This latest update has utterly DESTROYED your game. It is one of the most amazing games I have ever played but now it is UNPLAYABLE. Please tell us what is happening and how long until we can expect some sort of resolution to the 10's of thousands of players that are effected by this cataclysm of an update... We LOVE your game but it's utterly destroyed. PLEASE ROLL BACK THIS UPDATE!!

2. k0rd Trainee Engineer

you can go into the steam properties and use the "old multiplayer" beta for the last version. unfortunately, saved games from current version would be incompatible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

Speak for yourself! It's very playable for me, save for the occasional reload.

4. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Agree with @carbonCore the game is very playable for me too.

5. andrew.evins Trainee Engineer

I just bought this game 2 weeks ago so forgive me if I have a limited perception of what the devs are doing. They released a bug fix yesterday that basically fixed the problem so my hats off to the devs for that. I understand that this game is in bete phase so I didn't know that. Now I do. However, the fact that Asteroids are dissapearing and reapearing and other times they have textures that are overlaying textures on the asteroids surface, which makes mining a chore. I am very pleased with this game. That's why Iwas so upset, because I looked forward to playing ALL DAY at work just to come home to an updated game that was so bugged out it was unplayable. That is, untill Friday afternoon. They did an immediate bu patch the next day!! Very cool and very considerate.

6. paradineai Apprentice Engineer

The new net code should have been the beta wile still giving us the rest of the stuff.
    I think they should have everything they added in both versions but have the net code be the only difference between the beta and regular.
    This would allow us to still use our saved games because they would both be the same release version and have the same resources.
    This would also allow the devs to still get the new net code out there so it can be tested and debuged.

7. demolish50 Senior Engineer

The new new code is great step in the direction the MP code should be going.

20+ players on my server with very good looking traffic rates and a 1.0 client sim speed for almost every client that was connected.

8. paradineai Apprentice Engineer

9. Urablahblah Apprentice Engineer

Actually the game is in Alpha, not Beta. Beta means a focus on stabilization, polishing, and balance. Alpha means the developers are adding and modifying features every update. If you can't handle playing a game that is a (potentially) buggy mess, then you should put SE on the shelf for a while and come back when it goes Beta (who knows when that will be). Screaming for the devs to roll an update back because it is crashy and buggy goes completely against what the devs are trying to accomplish in alpha. IIRC, there has only been 1 weekly update rolled back completely, and that was a test of new netcode that ended up providing a much worse overall MP experience than prior to the update.

10. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

What are you playing single or multiplayer? Survival or Creative? - It is kind of playable but not easily without hydrogen working...

11. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

I play Singleplayer Creative for complex/large creations, and Multiplayer Survival with my friend. Yeah, Hydrogen is a bit of an issue right now, there are a few bugs associated with it, though none of them have been seriously game-breaking. The only one I can think of is when sometimes, all engines on a hydrogen ship just simply decide to give out until you reload, that's why I added the bit about "occasional reload" in my post. For the most part, it seems like the stealth asteroids issue was fixed.

There are still a few niggles with permissions (if one person makes half the inventory system and the other person makes the other half, sometimes the two halves have trouble talking to each other), which, yes, can get pretty annoying. These are fixed easily by fiddling with the permissions until they work again. By and large, the game is entirely playable.

I have to ask how this is even possible. The game is sold on Steam, and Steam has giant "THIS GAME IS IN ALPHA" disclaimers all over the place. I'm honestly curious, did you get the game as a gift or something? It just seems so hard to miss with all the warnings they hang everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  12. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

Sorry for double post...

This looks like a pretty serious issue. In your place, I would create a new thread specifically dedicated to this, so that the devs may see it. I doubt they will read a post begging them to roll back their latest update very thoroughly.

13. SparkyFox Apprentice Engineer

the devs spoke to us on the stream yesterday, try playing on dx9, im playing just fine, despite the doors not working

14. k0rd Trainee Engineer

I am having an issue in dx9 when I mine, the asteroid doesn't appear to deform (although it's collision bounds do) when I drill. So sometimes, I can drill all the way into an asteroid and disappear inside of it with the surface texture only mildly deformed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dicarus Apprentice Engineer

I'm crashing a lot, but asking devs to roll back is ridiculous. DayZ children were spoiled and think alpha access = demo of the game.

16. SparkyFox Apprentice Engineer

ahhh, yeah I'm having that problem too, aswell as the doors but the asteroid being weird, you need to drill down like 2 layers? like see when you drill or erase the first part but it doesn't seem to deform but you can walk right through the texture, well drill or erase a bit more below it and it takes away the texture, though that does cause a little problem if you don't want to dig too deep or something but I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update.

There also is another problem I had, when I went away from my asteroid base, it was like my base went through forestation EXCEPT with asteroid rock and I had to save the game inside the base, then reload the game or save and it all went away, but I think its just a texture render bug, but at least the asteroids aren't white anymore and don't render until you crash into them. I do feel you're pain but im sure the devs know about the doors and asteroids being a little weird

17. Thund3rb1rd Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  18. k0rd Trainee Engineer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.