Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dedicated Server Greeting Message

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Richard Skallabjorn Smith, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Richard Skallabjorn Smith Trainee Engineer

Hi all, looking to find out how to add a message that will be displayed to players when they log into the dedicated server to play.

Thanks in advance.

2. TopHatTim Trainee Engineer

Hi!

I don't know of anyway to do this exact task yet however I do know of the server messages mod which allows you to post messages to the server after a set interval of time.
    Server messages mod

I have also written a mod which allows for some additions chat options, I will add a 'message of the day' (MoTD) feature to the list of stuff to do. However I will probably only start working on this once 0.6 comes out.
    Extended chat mod

3. Richard Skallabjorn Smith Trainee Engineer

4. Ulfgaar Trainee Engineer

This really should be part of the game soon imo - especially now that the game is running so much smoother on dedicated servers.

I know that i for one is also looking for this, and im think its sort of sad that one needs to solve this by using mods. If its possible to get this implimented into the server tool, that would be freakin epic.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.