Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dedicated Server: Simple Question

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by DangerosoDavo, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DangerosoDavo Trainee Engineer

As a new person to hosting a dedicated server as a service for myself and a friend I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers for, the questions are pretty basic so please bare with me.

1. How do you do admin things, and whats available? I added my steam Id to a line in the configuration tool. How do I do admin stuff? And what can I do, kick, ban etc.

2. How do I add mods, the only thing I an find is a basic string saying add the mod ids on separate lines, but where do I find the mod ids? Where do I put the mods?

3. Are there Linux box files available for a dedicated host?

I hope I'm not being stupid and have missed a pinned post or anything but I cannot find out the answers to these.

2. boromir Apprentice Engineer

I'm curious about this as well. While the official wiki covers the basics of setting up a dedicated server but these details and common tasks aren't described.

Thanks!

Edit: Moderator, I think this is the wrong forum for this thread, Groups and Dedicated Servers probably much better.

3. CptTwinkie Moderator

This gives you admin in the world, giving you the same options as if you are hosting the game locally. You can kick, ban, and use the Medieval Master tools.
    You just need to look at the URL in the steam workshop. You can browse in a separate browser or just turn on the option in steam to show the address bar.
    As an example, you might be browsing our double windows mod and the address will be https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821488956
    The mod id number is pretty obvious here. You just paste the id number in the box (only one mod on each line) and save the configuration. That's all that's required.
    Not at all. Our engine relies on Microsoft libraries in several fundamental ways. It makes our lives a lot easier but it's pretty much a blocker for *nix OS's

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.