1. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

"Dedicated" (shared) Space Engineers Server by GTX Gaming

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Anthony Ashford, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Anthony Ashford

Anthony Ashford Trainee Engineer

I'm looking for some general answers. If anyone has some insight, it would be helpful and appreciated.

1. Why is it that when I do a CMD ping to my server or when I see the server in the direct connect, the ping is registering around 40-50... BUT, when I am in game, the ping is 100-130 under players?

2. We have a handful of people that play, just about 6 of us. Not many. Most live in the East US. Note: The server is in NY. One of them lives in the far West US. Now prior to the server, we would play on my local machine, and this other gamer in the West had some difficulty joining my local machine too. everyone would have to leave the game except me, so he could join, then everyone else could join back in. I'm wondering if we have to do the same work around for the server. I'm not sure what the West US gamer internet connection is like, but I imagine that's the issue more over than location. What do you all think?

2. bleakhead

bleakhead Trainee Engineer

The ping in the serverbrowser will increase, if you hit the refresh button continuously.

For the second, on public server the performance goes down if someone joins.
    I think, if someone joins to the server, his client will sync to all other clients on the server.

Maybe this took too long, so your friend could not join

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.