Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[DEV][01.174] Battery issues with connectors

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DiBBz, Feb 11, 2017.

1. DiBBz

Issue:

Batteries fail to work after unlocking from a connector. i have 2 batteries fitted to my mining ship, but after unlocking from the connector everything just shuts off and it says there is no power when clearly there is cause both batteries are fully charged

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wuxian

I can confirm this issue.

3. DiBBz

4. twotwinbrothers

check "discharge" box to discharge, if you didnot check any of the boxes the battary wil not do anything

recharge = no power to object battary wil charge will not drain
    discharge= power to object battary will drain
    semi-auto = discharge and recharge

wen connected to station it get the power from the station also good wey to recharge ships that have no power sourge like reactor/ solar panel

i have try it out to uncheck all the boxes
    it should not give any power but will do it

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  5. DiBBz

trust me ive tried everything. those 2 actions on the hotbar are for recharge and discharge.

im still left with the same exact issue. no power being detected!

6. Sykel

to temporarily fix the bug you need to exit the game (saving) and reload. Batteries will drain power again as long as they recharge... :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. DiBBz

complete pain in the behind for that tho. especially back at base when it take god knows how long to load. probably going to wait till next thursday and see if it gets fixed

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cotcan

Im having the opposite issue lately. Ever since the dev update 2 weeks ago batteries have been having issues. For me that first week I had to set my batteries to recharge to discharge and visa versa for wanting to recharge. This past week it will always discharge regardless of setting.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  9. Bumber

Is the issue related to having 2 batteries, or does it also occur with just 1? Might be an issue with batteries trying to recharge each other.

IIRC, slapping on a solar panel might help batteries start working again.

10. Saquesh

Can confirm this issue is still in place in 01.175.001

Issue for me occurs when having charged up batteries on my drone at my station, swap them to discharge (or even just untick recharge) and disconnect the connector, they decide not to output any power. Cut and paste of the ship using Space Master fixes this but I'm not going to do that every time I undock... Will replace with reactors for now I guess