Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Did You Know #6 (Game World Size)?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Did you know?
    The game world size is practically infinite!:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

It is more infinite than infinite ladders!! :D

3. PandaTv Trainee Engineer

infinitely empty, infinitely boring

make less advertising on youtube and make some more life into the game, my friends find the game bad because only the air is out.

Take a look at Empyrion - Galactic Survival

there are many npc and has significantly more

4. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Lol true!

5. vadersson Trainee Engineer

I read somewhere that the world size is like 6 AU across? Can you confirm the actual maximum dimensions of the cube?

Thanks,
    Duncan

6. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

So the floating point errors on far away coordinates are now fixed? @chrisb can probably confirm...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Floating point error(double precision point in this case) is not a bug so it can't be fixed. It's just nature of programming and how processing unit works.

8. chrisb Senior Engineer

I would say that being over 3.5mil km's from start, the game is still stable. However, when you mine, the rocks still appear elsewhere away from your mining location, usually 30-40mtrs or so.

But overall the game is very stable in building, windows etc this distance out. Just the mining bits, I can live with that, provided the mined rocks appear and can be collected. Just a shame it isn't where you mine. :(

Should they have used the 'more or less infinite' comment.. Well I'm not so sure.

But lets face it, I have come out over 3.5mil from start, so that means I could travel 3.5mil in the opposite direction the same distance, giving 7mil play area, which is more than enough for most players. Most players, but I'm still travelling, every now and then. ;)

• Like Like x 1