Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dirty LCDs [1.182.303]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Forjo, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

First thing I noticed upon logging in post patch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LCDs are dirty with partial scattered dimming.

-Forjo
    --- Automerge ---
    Be aware that this seemed to "go away" on it's own over time. I didn't leave the immediate area or relog, so I'm not sure.

-Forjo

2. Telquel Trainee Engineer

Noticed that problem too. Every now and then text is perfect but then it get dirty when something changes in lcd.

Radeon Software Version 17.7.2
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (280x)

3. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

Haha, Marek sneaked in a little bonus feature

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kham Apprentice Engineer

My brother and my friend, who both run Radeon cards, were having issues with LCDs and even some blocks being invisible or showing pink when we had a LAN party session the other day. Yet I had no issues with my NVIDIA card and everything that looked broken for them looked fine for me so I'm guessing Keen changed something in their renderer and didn't test the changes on anything other than NVIDIA cards.

5. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

NVidia 1060 here.

6. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

GTX 1070 here, throwing my hat in the ring on this one too. Been happening a while for me, since late 181 I think but it was always very rare and transient. Its never as bad as it is now though and this is the first time I've seen what it actually is.
    Its not dirt its bleed through or an overlay from another LCD on this grid. See the screenshot below. You can also amost make out words on the first post top screenshot. In my case the image has a overlay of the diagnostics LCD from a few rooms over pasted overtop my ship logo. The display is in Monospace font but the buggy overlay is in debug font. I see this and other LCD's display similar overlay all through out my ship. It comes and goes depending on when or if the LCD is updated or turned off and back on. Sometimes its this overlay sometimes its some other random LCD. No rime or reason and no way to reliably reproduce it.

[​IMG]

Came across this one over 100m away from the other LCD on the other side of the same ship. Same overlay bug, but this one is overtop Whips Artifical Horizon LCD :-/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  7. Telquel Trainee Engineer

One thing I noticed yesterday that my old faithful Radeon 5850 with about two year old drivers didn't have this problem.

Just tested how well this game runs on potato and it amaze me it was quite well playable landed to moon and did some building and it was smooth.

8. Kham Apprentice Engineer

I wonder if it's a graphics related setting then if not a specific card issue? I haven't encountered the problem at all, but I have a 1080 so I have all graphics settings maxed out. Might try lowering some to see if I can recreate the issue.

9. Leonexis Trainee Engineer

10. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

Yep, still happening in 1.183 too just as frequent. New images of this:

LCD Overwritten by the Starboard Cargo Access LCD:
    [​IMG]

What the starboard Cargo Access LCD now looks like:
    [​IMG]

Same Specs as before:
    I5 4460
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    16GB ram
    Win 8.1

Game Version 1.183.017

All game graphics settings are pretty much maxed out at 1920x1200
    [​IMG]

11. Kham Apprentice Engineer

@Arcwolf what driver version are you running, out of curiosity? I have the same graphics settings as you and still can't replicate the issue and I'm running drivers 382.53. Might be worth checking, if for nothing other than to rule it out.

12. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

@Kham Took a while but it does still happen even though my currently Driver version is 385.41. Which I updated shortly after its release. Clean driver install.

[​IMG]

I dont have any screenshots of it but on occasion the LCD's even appear to loose their emissiveness like their backlight is burned out, I guess is how I would describe it. This persists until something updates the LCD, like a program block {autolcd} or I modify the text field etc.

In the picture above I think it might have something to do with the LCD being turned off and a program block script updating the LCD text when the LCD is off. But I'm not sure. 3rd time I've seen this in as many days now figured I'd post an update.

Following graphics mods I use:
    Reduced Lens Flare
    A custom one to get rid of bloom and blur
    Finally one to remove that yellow pulsing glow LCD's put off when you point at them and changes the outline to a orange color.

Those mods simply edit the environmental variables or flares variables. I have no custom LCD models or LCD mods.

13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Same thing here, and this is with an AMD video card, fresh driver install also.

[​IMG]

14. I23I7 ME Tester

* Sigh *

I will go and forward your concerns but i would def set up a feedback demand for this to be looked into as it helps a lot to push issue along.

15. Arcwolf Trainee Engineer

Issue reported on feedback site

Also, this is still happening latest version of game and drivers further info on feeback site:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. I23I7 ME Tester

bumping issue.

17. Meridius_IX Trainee Engineer

Also getting this issue. I've only tested while offline/single player. Here is a world file that I setup with the bug:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1201796074

Also, here's a video of the behaviour:

My system specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-8150
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480
    RAM: 16GB
    Game Version: 1.184.801

18. Telquel Trainee Engineer

EDIT: Latest drivers seems to fixed this problem.

Having same problem yet too. Only when text is changed it happens, static text looks fine.

R9 290x
    Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
    16 GB
    Win 10 pro
    1.185.??

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  19. Meridius_IX Trainee Engineer

Just tried updating my drivers to the latest, but the bug persists :(

Here's some screenshots I took today after the driver update.

Modded world:

and non-modded (example world in my previous post):

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.