Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version [Extra] --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dirty LCDs [1.182.303]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Forjo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Forjo

First thing I noticed upon logging in post patch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LCDs are dirty with partial scattered dimming.

-Forjo
    --- Automerge ---
    Be aware that this seemed to "go away" on it's own over time. I didn't leave the immediate area or relog, so I'm not sure.

-Forjo

2. Telquel

Noticed that problem too. Every now and then text is perfect but then it get dirty when something changes in lcd.

Radeon Software Version 17.7.2
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (280x)

3. Sir_Moodz

Haha, Marek sneaked in a little bonus feature

4. Kham

My brother and my friend, who both run Radeon cards, were having issues with LCDs and even some blocks being invisible or showing pink when we had a LAN party session the other day. Yet I had no issues with my NVIDIA card and everything that looked broken for them looked fine for me so I'm guessing Keen changed something in their renderer and didn't test the changes on anything other than NVIDIA cards.

5. Forjo

NVidia 1060 here.

6. Arcwolf

GTX 1070 here, throwing my hat in the ring on this one too. Been happening a while for me, since late 181 I think but it was always very rare and transient. Its never as bad as it is now though and this is the first time I've seen what it actually is.
    Its not dirt its bleed through or an overlay from another LCD on this grid. See the screenshot below. You can also amost make out words on the first post top screenshot. In my case the image has a overlay of the diagnostics LCD from a few rooms over pasted overtop my ship logo. The display is in Monospace font but the buggy overlay is in debug font. I see this and other LCD's display similar overlay all through out my ship. It comes and goes depending on when or if the LCD is updated or turned off and back on. Sometimes its this overlay sometimes its some other random LCD. No rime or reason and no way to reliably reproduce it.

[​IMG]

Came across this one over 100m away from the other LCD on the other side of the same ship. Same overlay bug, but this one is overtop Whips Artifical Horizon LCD :-/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  7. Telquel

One thing I noticed yesterday that my old faithful Radeon 5850 with about two year old drivers didn't have this problem.

Just tested how well this game runs on potato and it amaze me it was quite well playable landed to moon and did some building and it was smooth.

8. Kham

I wonder if it's a graphics related setting then if not a specific card issue? I haven't encountered the problem at all, but I have a 1080 so I have all graphics settings maxed out. Might try lowering some to see if I can recreate the issue.