Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Do wires exist in space engineers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Forcedminer, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

or is every station and ship essentially an electrified deathtrap if you're not wearing the engineers space suit?

like power flows off the blocks and blocks that need it only collect what they need?
    or is it like some form of wireless power?
    or magic.
    or game logic. >:)

2. bigsteve Trainee Engineer

The grid blocks conduct the electricity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Llessur Apprentice Engineer

I have heard this many times I think someone finally said the blocks are hollow and wires are on the inside but I think that may have been for RP purposes. I think a cable of some kind would be awesome myself!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Its magic.

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Most blocks conduct electrical power. Some do not. Windows do not conduct electricity. So if you build a control tower that has a 360 degree view with glass and place something on the roof. It won't power up.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Malware Master Engineer

Power conductivity is simple a matter of whether there's power on the grid, it has nothing to do with blocks. @Ronin1973 pretty sure you're mistaken there, I'm not in a position to try right now but I'm quite sure I've had plenty of glass dome constructions without any power problems. Without having proven this to myself right now however I'm ready to be proven wrong :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

I am not near a PC atm but I could have sworn I've had ATC tower type structures with no issue powering beacons on the top of it. I think... haha. When I get home I shall investigate.

8. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

This may be an undocumented change that we love so much. But windows were non-conductive just before planets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I wonder why though? the girders that frame the glass are made of iron?
    i mean if its solid then yeah.

makes me wonder how the magboots can stick to the silicon....

10. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Actually the stuff that sticks to silicon is the engineers legs themself.
    Engineers hands have groped so many silicon titties on earth even his feet have gotten physical attraction to them.

11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

everytime i see silicon in SE i think of that.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.