Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Does anyone use the forum Chat?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrVagax, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DrVagax Administrator

[​IMG]

This little bugger, does anyone actually use this? I thought it was for a chat room but its more for private conversations. I don't see that much use in it other than popping up all the time. :nono:

2. Kane Junior Engineer

Not really. It's too intrusive to the other party who gets messaged.

3. theAEmix Trainee Engineer

Only use I can see for it is if two people are trying to recreate a bug together and track it down. Or if they want to take a Forum topic off public record.

theAEmix

4. Evis Apprentice Engineer

Isn't there an IRC?

5. scroll_tro0l Trainee Engineer

Or we could all hop on a Teamspeak.

6. kuro11 Apprentice Engineer

A group chat might be nice - I'm sure that's an option somewhere.
    Like a general chat for random that doesn't really deserve a thread.

7. Ironmike Apprentice Engineer

Meh forums chats are generally off topic stuffs, drama, and where people seem to profess their love of cats.

The only use forum chats have IMO is to check if the server is actually down

8. MrFloppemz Trainee Engineer

In the top right corner of the web page, to the left of the "Logout" tab, you'll see a tab labeled "Chat". Clicking that will open up a new IRC chat window, which is what I think you described.

Unfortunately, every time I visit the IRC chat, it's completely empty, so clearly not many people (if any) use it.

9. whoneedsroads Trainee Engineer

Actually you guys should jump on steam chat. We've had some good discussions going

10. Vasu Trainee Engineer

Would u give link or something?

11. whoneedsroads Trainee Engineer

12. Mujik Trainee Engineer

I already used the chat a couple of time to answer quick questions of new users, but most of the time it just get in the way....

13. Wyvyrias Junior Engineer

Really? I was there the all day but nothing happened.
    Timezones...

14. whoneedsroads Trainee Engineer

Nytewyvern,
    I'm Tool Band-it on Steam,
    Yesterday there was a few good convos. Todays been mostly people jumping in asking if the game is worth it and diving off

15. Wyvyrias Junior Engineer

I wish everybody would use the same name at every site.
    Not sure but wasn't I there yesterday?

16. MrFloppemz Trainee Engineer

I'll be hanging around the Steam group chat from now on as well. It's a good place to chill out when your not working on projects. Think of it as a space engineer coffee break room or something.

17. Guest

Chats can be quite enjoyable once a community has a history under its belt. Start to make acquaintances, etc. Until that point, they tend to just be boredom killers - which is also a valuable function, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.