Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Drone attacks right at start..

Discussion in 'General' started by Frohike, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Frohike Trainee Engineer

Hey guys,
    So after way over 1 year since the last time we played SE Friends and I want to start a new game again in survival mode. I set up the Server as I liked, choosed the "Lone Survivor" as Map and got a first sneak peek if everything went right.
    Everything is ok, and as I looked around I noticed a Drone base some 18km or so away and some other Drone(s) around 13-14km away. Far enough away...at least I thought so. But after around 2-3mins I got attacked by 2 Drones and they shredded the small Lone-survivor outpost in short time.
    Sooo my question is, have they somehow buffed the Drones aggressiveness? I remember that back in the day you could also see the drone bases at the start but they did not attack right away. And if so is there some tweak to make them a bit more passive or at least force them into a timed "non-aggression pact"?:p
    Besides that the only way I could "fix" it atm would be to deactivate the "EnableDrones" setting? But I would like to have some Foes to make the mid-/Endgame a bit more diversified..

2. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

It's been a while, but does the lone survivor map have anything with a beacon or antenna active on it? if so, that will be why the drones charge you from 10 km away. Make sure you power down any of them until you have some decent defense built or it will be a pain to deal with.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Lone Survivor does not, by default, contain a pirate base that would spawn drones.

I suspect there was a random encounter "Raiding Station" or "Raiding Outpost" near your starting location? If you can see a pirate antenna (such as "NO TRESPASSERS" or "BEWARE OF TRESPASSING"), and Enable Drones is on, then drones will be spawned by the antennas.

4. Harrekin Master Engineer

Argentavis also shows up even if you've got drones disabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Pirate drones home in on the nearest player. They do this magically, so there is no avoiding it except by logging out until the drone despawns. Lone Survivor is a tough scenario with pirates/drones enabled, there is very little room for error.

If you don't want to switch to a different scenario (one with a more robust starting base/ship), try spawning in a couple small ship fighters that you and your buddies can use to intercept the drones.

6. Alb Trainee Engineer

This is why starting on planets is better for starting out (or rather, it WOULD be if not for the nearby outpost). It's a much more controlled environment even with drones / random encounters turned on.

However, I'm pretty sure all the easy starts still have a nearby outpost that spews out drones towards your base. Which is one reason why I'm currently working on a custom scenario start as an alternative to the easy-starts.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.