Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[DS] [1.184.102] Welding/Grinding with hand tools has wrong "hitbox" on blocks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by auge, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. auge Apprentice Engineer

Issue: When welding or grinding blocks - especially small blocks - the tools don't "hit" the block I'm pointing at, but instead the blocks behind or in front of it.
    So with this behavior, it is almost impossible to grind (or weld) specific blocks on small grids, since the tools will always work on the wrong blocks. Even when working on blueprints, the welder will almost always weld the blocks about 1-3 blocks behind the block I'm pointing at.

Reproduction: At this point I cannot give exact reproduction steps, since it doesn't happen always. I had it happen on my DS after about one day and since then, its always like this for me. Other players report the same, sometimes it works and after a while it doesn't anymore (Somebody even reported that since it happend, he cannot see any crate drops besides the "very strong" ones anymore...)

I'll update this when I'm able to 100% reproduce it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

like this?
    if so i do believe something is being worked on it.
    think i heard next major update?

3. auge Apprentice Engineer

I finally captured this on video, it happens in sandbox as well (without any tools):

and

As you can see, I was able to delete and place blocks through several other blocks, which should not happen at all.
    This happens in creative, in survival, with tools, with blueprints... but not all the time, just sometimes and with a few blocks.

(This was on a vanilla dedicated, no mods and default creative settings)

4. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hey,

issue with oxygen generator is already fixed.

https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-1-184-2-minor-beta-improvements.7397469/

See the change log:
    • fixed being able to build behind the Oxygen Generator block despite it being built

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.