Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Dummy Factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Raelsmar, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Raelsmar Trainee Engineer

Currently, it is very difficult to make "cinematic" large ship battles using only single player. If a single player wants to create an "enemy" faction (without going online at all), the only way to do this is to turn a creative game to survival, activate automated defenses, and die while in ownership of the vessel you want designated as an enemy. Upon death your former possessions get affixed with the "[Username] dead" faction label and effectively becomes a dummy faction. The player must then set the ship they wish to pilot to their ownership, and it will attack the "enemy" faction's ship.

Obviously, this is a tedious affair that could easily be remedied by either allowing the player to create as many factions as he or she pleases. Alternatively, it could also be fixed by allowing players to create a dummy faction that he or she cannot join but simply can assign vessel ownership and always has an active "member" to prevent it from being deleted (similar to the way the Nobody faction works).

If this could be seen as a griefing tool, or some other kind of issue, the dummy factions could be set to only exist in single creative and survival worlds and that if such a world were loaded onto a server or multiplayer map, it would automatically be reassigned to "Nobody."

I hope that this suggestion is somewhat clear, as my wording might be off in places.

2. Digi Senior Engineer

Maybe suggest this to SEToolBox's dev, to allow you to add factions and set ownership and all that.

I'd rather have the game devs focus on something more productive like fixing the issues in MP and mechanical glitches in SP as well.

3. SenorZorros Master Engineer

pretty good Idea, I'll give my 1.

4. HexZyle Trainee Engineer

I agree with this idea, as I said here: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/give-the-npc-ships-their-bite-back-7006314
    We need an AI faction. Players can already grief on multiplayer servers with turrets by giving them to enemy factions so I don't see why this has to be restricted to single player.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.